Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
216 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 213

humanpotatohybrid, 37Blanche, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1949 Front Floor Mat
Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
Hey everybody! When I was taking apart the interior of my car, the front floor mat (black rubber mat with carpet on it) ripped in half. I need another one. Does anyone know where I can get one? And is the carPet on it the same kind that was on the floor of my specific car or were they all the same carpet on all of the mats? Thanks!

Posted on: 2011/6/20 8:29
J.R. Buzzell

1949 23rd Series Deluxe Eight Touring Sedan
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=867
 Top  Print   

Re: 1949 Front Floor Mat
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Don't know where to get what you need, but each series had it's own specific floor-covering material ranging from a simple rubber front floor mat in the Eight to Wilton's Mosstread in the Custom.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 9:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Wasn't there a post within the last month from someone who was unable to get the proper carpet for his car. I believe his car was also around the same age as yours. He made an acceptable substitute by purchasing a very close matched type Wilton carpet from Hirsch and a thick rubber matting from another vendor and glued them together. Perhaps someone will remember that post for more of the details.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 9:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
Wasn't there a post within the last month from someone who was unable to get the proper carpet for his car. I believe his car was also around the same age as yours. He made an acceptable substitute by purchasing a very close matched type Wilton carpet from Hirsch and a thick rubber matting from another vendor and glued them together. Perhaps someone will remember that post for more of the details.

That was my post, but it related to duplicating the Mosstred carpet used in the Custom 8 models only.
I don't know of anyone that reproduces the floor mats for the Deluxe 8.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 12:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
I obviously need either a reproduction or original mat, but I don't know if the carpet inserts were specific to the trim code. Were they?

Posted on: 2011/6/22 19:31
J.R. Buzzell

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=867
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Quote:

jrbuzz wrote:
I obviously need either a reproduction or original mat, but I don't know if the carpet inserts were specific to the trim code. Were they?

Group 31.430 in the parts book only shows one number for the front floor mat on Model 2362, so looks like the same mat was used for all trim codes

Posted on: 2011/6/22 22:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
Okay, now I need to know where I can get one of these mats. Does anybody know of a repro place or original?

Posted on: 2011/6/24 8:29
J.R. Buzzell

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
Funny thing happened on the way to the .... But today I just received the carpet set I had mad from SMS. I haven't installed it yet but it looks good. I do have a 48 custom 8 an yes I know I can never replace the moss tread carpets. But I also decided that I don't have a totally restored car and I use it for fun and a driver. So instead of ordering wool I went with the other. So far I am happy. Here's the link.http://www.smsautofabrics.com/products/carpet.php My only thought was the original had a rubber backing and this has a fiber backing. I might go get some rubber and put tat down also. I will keep you posted.

Posted on: 2011/6/24 17:20
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I guess the closest you can get to Mosstread these day is Super Wilton from Bill Hirsch. This was also a product of Shelton Mills in Wilton, CT.

Posted on: 2011/6/24 17:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
Well you could go to any carpet store and have them order a wool rug and then have then cut and bind it. Then add the pad to the back of that. I did price it out and it was about the same cost as buying a wool carpet set.

Posted on: 2011/6/25 10:48
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved