Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
214 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 212

Todd W. White, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1933 standard 8 exhaust and intake manifold and nut finish
Just popping in
Just popping in

Rolls Royce 1
See User information
I'm doing a restoration of my exhaust and intake manifolds. I need to know the correct finish on them, as well as the nuts that attach them to the block. I have checked the Judging guide. but nothing about the nuts and washers. I believe that the manifolds were originally gloss black porcelain but what finish do the nuts and washers have? Natural steel, stainless, brass, black or cad? I have seen all sorts of finishes and wondering if anyone knows for sure the original finishers.
Thank you,
Bob Ratinoff

Posted on: 2011/7/7 17:17
 Top  Print   

Re: 1933 standard 8 exhaust and intake manifold and nut finish
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Bob,

It was nice talking to you the other day. Like I mentioned, on my '32, the exhaust manifold has brass nuts and is missing washers and the intake has nickle plated nuts with a single flat nickel plated washer. I want to restate that I'm not sure what they would have been when it rolled out of the factory.

I did some more research and looked in my 32' Light Packard book and see that the nuts on the intake and exhaust manifolds are different. That they both had two washers with one being a lock washer, but from the part numbers they used the same washers on both manifolds. I would guess that they used a flat washer against the manifold then a lock washer between the flat washer and the nut.

Here's an image of page 31 from the parts book.

Good luck and let me know what you come up with.

Attach file:

jpg  (92.52 KB)
1063_4e1d9e410b85f.jpg 1280X565 px

Posted on: 2011/7/13 8:31
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved