Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 162

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

I need a picture of a Packard Clipper showing rear fender louvers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
I need a picture of the location of the rear fender louvers on a 1953 (2662) Packard Clipper 4door. I've been to the Google Images and googled 1953 Clipper's, I've looked at maybe 750 to 1000 images of Packard's, I found 5 pix's with louvers but no 26th series. However, non of the pix's I found helped me with my question:
It's not about how many Louvers to use, (I'm using three), it's whether the louvers go above or below the SS belt line of my 26th series. And, if I use three louvers do they all go right above the wheel well and none on the rear door.
Thank you for providing my 12th louver, I can do both the 24th and the 26th now.
Help!!

Posted on: 2011/7/30 11:34
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Re: I need a picture of a Packard Clipper showing rear fender louvers
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Plate 16https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=534&cid=70 in the parts manual show 53s to be below the SS strip and above the fender skirt so probably centered in that space--the hardtop view almost looks as if the bottom of louver is in line with bottom of gas fill lid but hard to tell. No 4 doors shown in manual and interestingly, out of 272 photos in the 53 archive, no 4 doors are shown with the louvers so must not have been that popular an option even dealer wise. Placement judging by the hardtop photo looks like one would be toward the rear edge on the door.

Posted on: 2011/7/30 12:31
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: I need a picture of a Packard Clipper showing rear fender louvers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Howard, you always come through.......Thank you for being so helpful to everyone.

Regards, Steve Fisher

Posted on: 2011/7/30 13:09
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved