Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 135

CarFreak, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1935 120 (nice)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I've been watching this car and am surprised it hasn't got any bids. Even in this market I thought this 35 120 in what appears to be very good condition would bring in the mid 20s. Did the seller start the bidding to high you think? I know of another 35 120 in better (strong #2) condition than this one for sure and the seller is asking $30K. It also has dual side-mounts, trunk and is legit strong #2. I can't figure these values out, but I'm not giving up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-FIND-1935-PACKARD-120-4DR-SEDAN-EXCELLENT-/300585413104?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item45fc4969f0

Posted on: 2011/8/9 21:28
 Top  Print   

Re: 1935 120 (nice)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
That car (perhaps both you speak of) will take a buyer who's thought it through completely, what they want and what they would spend trying to get it in other ways. A project would be costly even for a DIY guy. Sadly, sedans cost more to restore by virtue (or curse!) of the interiors and fabrics used, additional trinkets and fittings to the passenger compartments, additional cost for woodgraining and chrome, just more everything. They're also way more luxurious in style and appointments, yet the money seldom comes to bear out those facts. Convertibles rattle and twist by nature, they're noisey on the freeways, the tops get stained easily, they're not secure from theft, but they bring the dough. True enough, it's all a matter of taste and intended usage but I have all closed cars for the reasons stated above. The one open car I have is for sale. To be fair, I prefer coupes vs sedans, but they don't cost much less to do than a sedan either.

I really like that 120 club sedan you linked. Nice car and worth the money IMO.

Posted on: 2011/8/12 12:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rich Bishop
See User information
That car has been up several times in the past few months. Last auction he started it low, like at $10,000 and it reached about $19,500 not meeting reserve. So he started this auction at about that price. They want $38,000 and change. I saw it listed via google, I think on Hemmings classified site.

Posted on: 2011/8/12 13:50
[color=0099FF]Respectfully,
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rich Bishop
See User information
There's a nice '37 in the for sale forum you may want to check out.

Posted on: 2011/8/12 13:56
[color=0099FF]Respectfully,
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved