Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
259 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 259

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Found an old 49 Packard title
Just popping in
Just popping in

CliffH
See User information
My brother was renovating some of my dad's old furniture and found a temporary Washington title (pink slip) stuck in the back of a drawer. The title is for a 49 Packard that my dad purchased in 1956 at Tex Brotherton's in Walla Walla, WA. If I remember correctly, it had a 3-speed with OD. Dad sold it to a car collector type guy about 1961. Dad had quit driving the car because the rear end was making noise but I drove it around the neighborhood anyway. The car ran real strong and was in great condition. The serial number on the title is 2262-952684. The engine number is listed as G285310CE. I checked the information pages on this website and it appears that 2262-9-52684 would be a correct serial number but the engine number is listed as a 1948 engine number. What does the CE on the end of the engine number mean?

I wonder if this car is still out there somewhere.

I've always liked Packards but don't own one right now.
Cliff

Posted on: 2011/8/10 17:18
 Top  Print   

Re: Found an old 49 Packard title
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
With the 48 engine number but the -9- in the ID, it was likely an unsold or leftover 48 that was factory renumbered to be sold as a 49 model. It was probably a late 48 though because the CE on the engine number means the engine had some running changes from original specs or early production. In this case, C is second or later design piston and rings and E is second design camshaft and a larger oil pan.

Posted on: 2011/8/10 17:40
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Found an old 49 Packard title
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Cliff, welcome to PackardInfo.com!

Howard (HH56) provided you with a perfect background. The owner registry could be a suitable starting point for a trip through your family history.
You will find --> there a couple of 2262 Deluxe Eight Touring Sedan. Good luck!

Click to see original Image in a new window

[picture source: PackardInfo Photo Archive]

Posted on: 2011/8/10 18:16
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved