Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
227 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 225

Rscott77x, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Foglight location
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
I bought a set of new repro yellow foglights for my 1950 Series 23 Deluxe 8 Touring Sedan. Now I have to drill mounting holes in the car to install them. Does anyone know exactly where to drill the holes? These are smaller foglights that look just like the accessory offered by the Packard factory. I want to place them exactly where the factory would have.

Posted on: 2011/8/23 10:18
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Re: Foglight location
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here is a shot from the 22nd series factbook if it would be of any help on a 23rd. The grill guards appear to be in the same location 22-23 but????

A couple of other views from the web show pretty much the same location. Unless someone comes forward with a template, probably pretty much a do by feel and how it looks to you thing. The factory shot showing it centered in the 3rd grill opening looks nice. The second picture almost looks like they may be a bit wider so maybe they are different in models or were moved out to hide the wire behind the vertical piece in grill. That would also look good--if your car has those & there is space behind for the hardware.

Attach file:

jpg  (30.39 KB)
209_4e53c960a0d84.jpg 692X467 px

jpg  (16.76 KB)
209_4e53d04b39f0c.jpg 332X228 px

jpg  (16.53 KB)
209_4e53d052c7ba6.jpg 402X265 px

Posted on: 2011/8/23 10:38
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I suspect that foglights were a dealer installed option so there were likely variances in location. Maybe the factory offered some guidance to dealers as to exact locations or perhaps they were installed according to dealer or customer preferences?

Posted on: 2011/8/23 11:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
I spent all evening looking through all the photos of 22nd and 23rd series Packards with fog lights. The locations from side to side seem to vary a lot. If these were a dealer installed option I guess that would explain the variation. Also some may be home installed fog lights like mine. Unless someone finds some factory installation instructions I will put them wherever they are close to most of the photos and look good.

Posted on: 2011/8/24 9:31
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Is there bumper GAURD LOCATION variations from 1948 to 1950???

55-56 similar topic:https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2206&forum=3&post_id=21300#forumpost21300

Posted on: 2011/8/24 10:04
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I installed these fogs about 35 years ago and positioned them based on a paper template provided by the late Robert Skop. IIRC the template originated with a set of factory accessory fogs. Location is easy for the open-faced early style 22nd series Custom bumper, it's centered over the 3rd from the outermost opening.

Attach file:

jpg  (66.68 KB)
177_4e5514cfa4a05.jpg 1050X638 px

Posted on: 2011/8/24 10:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
Owen, now we are getting close to the factory info with your history re the template. Can you tell me what the center-to-center spacing is between your two foglights? With that dimension I can locate the lights on my Packard and see how they look.

Posted on: 2011/8/25 9:42
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Fred, I'll try to oblige. I sold that car about 14 years ago and though it's still local, it's pretty much been in dead storage this season thus far. I'll get the measurement next time I see the car, but the current owner ("GTO") frequents this site so he may beat me to it.

Posted on: 2011/8/25 10:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
I took a measurement from light to light.It came to 31 inches.I hope this helps.

Posted on: 2011/8/25 19:21
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved