Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
137 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 136

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1956 400 on Detroit Craigslist...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information

Posted on: 2011/9/2 8:19
 Top  Print   

Re: 1956 400 on Detroit Craigslist...
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Not that I am in the market for another Packard, but craiglist's format is so straightforward and the pages load so quickly (UNLIKE eBay) that sometimes I can't help myself.

The '56 400 really caught my eye, the text and photos lead me to believe that this belongs to one of our own members, MrPushbutton.

Please, John, say it ain't so!

I know that times are tough for many people these days (including me), but if this is your car, what will it take to get you to keep it?

Posted on: 2011/9/2 8:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
" I know that times are tough for many people these days ..."

That problem mite well be solved with a box car load of axe handles in the hands of some strong labor Union boys.

Flint 1937. River Rouge 1938.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 9:43
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Quote:
The '56 400 really caught my eye, the text and photos lead me to believe that this belongs to one of our own members, mrpushbutton. Please, John, say it ain't so! I know that times are tough for many people these days (including me), but if this is your car, what will it take to get you to keep it?

Come to think of it, I haven't seen Mr.Pushbutton around these parts in awhile. Hope he's okay.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 10:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Mr. Pushbutton is certainly ok. He played the theater organ for a Motor City Packards meet a week ago. I used to be part owner of this car on Craigslist. We sold it to Mr. Pushbutton, I guess 30 years ago. If I had the storage space and less age on my body I would buy it back in a heartbeat. The car was owned by a finance comptroller at Packard who basically was responsible for selling off the Detroit assets of Packard in 1956. Another MCP member and I bought it from his estate and got the car out of harms way all those years ago. This car has factory air, one color Norwegian Forest paint and it would be great to see it restored. Mr. Pushbutton hates to have to sell this car but it has to go. You can't buy a car from a more trustworthy guy. Another thought, wouldn't it be neat to have this car restored and parked next to the 56 Patrician that was done a number of years ago in Norwegian forest color also.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 10:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Yes, it's me/my car. I don't want to sell it, but have been under employed for too long and things are tight in the pushbutton household.
I'll answer any questions you might have completely and honestly, and I wish that someone in our community would buy the car and do the right thing.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 17:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
wouldn't it be neat to have this car restored and parked next to the 56 Patrician that was done a number of years ago in Norwegian forest color also.

Perhaps you're speaking of the Bob Fordyce car? The one where the restored chassis was on display at the Warren Centennial and the finished Patrician made the show circuits a few year later? Yes, it surely was a very stunning restoration and showed just how great these cars could look in a single color.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 17:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Packard V8

Amen, brother. The best Labor Day post I have seen anywhere.

Mr.Pushbutton, sorry to hear the news. I hope you can figure a way to hang on to it. Wish I could help you out.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 17:32
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
That is the car I am talking about.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 20:24
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved