Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
154 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Clamp
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
My 56 has a clamp on the steering gear box. What goes thru there? I see nothing close that looks like a possibility. All the wires going to starter solenoid appear to be in clamps on the frame at rear of box.

Attach file:

jpg  (41.06 KB)
209_4e64ee38973d6.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2011/9/5 10:43
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Clamp
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Battery cable to starter motor should be routed thru that clamp.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 10:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks, makes sense. My battery cable does seem to be extra long going thru that frame clamp.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 11:08
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Maybe my color resolution is off but what prompted the painting of ivory for the torsion bar and pink heat riser counter weight???

Posted on: 2011/9/5 12:24
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The ivory is dust and the pink is rust.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 12:59
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Can't find that in the Dupont color chart, but sounds nice.
Dust and Rust.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 13:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Must have been some expensive dust to be as glossy as it is.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 16:48
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
I say it looks clean no signs of road grime A for housekeeping or should I say car cleaning.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 18:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The car is filthy but not from road grime so no A's deserved. Tis a garage queen after all, who is hardly moved and mostly covered -- except that cover has been on and off--mostly off for the last year with my various projects. It is currently on jackstands, not movable so nothing on a road can soil it. It is subjected to all things flying around the garage though. I believe the "expensive dust" PV8 mentions was only medium expensive dust.

The molds for one of my AC project ducts is made of hydrocal. Half the original size probably got sanded off to refine the contour. The sanding belt exhaust points to the floor so while most flew around, a lot went right across and settled on anything low. Was focused on sanding the piece and as I recall that episode, when I looked up the garage was so white with dust that you couldn't see clearly one end to the other. Coated everything. Not one of my brighter moves.

Posted on: 2011/9/5 19:27
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i don't remember seeing that clamp on my car when i took it apart or when i rebuilt that steering box. was it some add on for later years maybe? or maybe mine just rotted off. idk.

Hank

Posted on: 2011/9/6 9:00
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved