Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 107

Don B, Bob J, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1956 Caribbean Convertible on eBay
Home away from home
Home away from home

55clipper
See User information
Other than top and upholstery I did not see many issues. As a Caribbean owner I am sorry bidding didn't go higher.
Makes me wonder what mine is worth.

Posted on: 2011/10/6 17:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information

Posted on: 2011/10/23 23:08
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The continental kit is non-authentic, a latter modification made by some owner. The only Caribbeans that came with factory continental kits were those on the shorter wheelbase, the 1953 and 1954.

Posted on: 2011/10/24 8:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
WRT to the 1955 Caribbean noted by rowdy, the auction listing clearly indentifies the Continental kit as "custom". Personally, I don't find it attractive.

However, this installation reminds me of an illustration of a continental kit that was published in the CNB many years ago, but it may not be the same. IIRC, that kit had been pitched to Packard by a third-party supplier, but rejected. I seem to recall seeing one on a car at the Centennial closer to that design. It was certainly worth a look, yet no more attractive.

Posted on: 2011/10/24 9:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I may not have the name exactly correct, but one of the several companies that supplied aftermarket continental kits was Whitebone-Huddleston who I believe was also the supplier to Packard for the 1953-54 assemblies.

I agree with BH in that I also find the kit on the car in question to be ungainly, adding absolutely nothing to the styling package.

EDIT - well, I was close - it's Huddleston-Whitebone, not the reverse.

Posted on: 2011/10/24 9:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
The Continental is even uglier when looking at the car-toon painted on it. Reminds me of a wart on a frog's butt.

Posted on: 2011/10/24 11:16
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved