Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
67 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 65

SandmanPac, R H, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: How depressed is the market in our cars?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Plus ten.

Posted on: 2011/10/29 13:54
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Hi folks:

When it comes to ebay and high priced cars, is there any reason to believe the numbers?

We can set up a scam right here. I can put up a car and have some cronies bid the thing up to the reserve price. Then put the brakes on. A great sucker's play.

Believe me, I have had to deal with (more like cope with) a few old car scoundrels in my day and if cash doesn't change hands I have no reason to believe the numbers. And even when cash does change hands the stories told don't mean very much either. Heck, I have an Elvis record that I paid thousands for. I'm looking to sell it at a loss. Actually, I only paid a quarter.

I'm not saying ebay is bad, only that, unless the car is a known commodity paying an inflated price on ebay is nuts.

On ebay I buy little stuff and have had my share of dogs, but I never spent more than $25 on anything there. It's a great place for parts, but for sight unseen cars? Oh brother!.

Posted on: 2011/10/29 17:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Tim. U're right on target with your explanation!!! But it is not limited to eBay nor even just cars. There is really no way to determine much from active auctions. It's the completed auctions that tell the story and sometimes the completed listings can be misleading.

As for bidding myself, i look closely at the way the auction is worded. If i don;t like the way it is worded i get very suspicious.

Posted on: 2011/10/29 22:32
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved