Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
170 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 169

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Power Steering
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Lares

Attach file:

jpg  (93.13 KB)
177_4f4fc0d5d62e2.jpg 1280X718 px

Posted on: 2012/3/1 13:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
also log on to rockauto they have a price for rebuilding by lares telling you cost and shipping information. I have not used them but its a start as far as price is concerned there site has lots of information after you get used to it

Posted on: 2012/3/1 15:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
When I rebuilt the Monroe on my 56 Clipper (no longer own), I just went to a local place that sold seals, and matched them up. I used "quad" rings. I was told they had more sealing surface. It worked just fine. When I started up the engine, the steering wheel went full lock to one side! I called friend Bob Aller, who was always good to listen to my mistakes, he told me I had screwed the plug in one to many times. Backed it off and no problems.

One other thing from parking lot tech sessions at PAC meets it was suggested to turn your wheel on way or another when parked, the seals on the rod will then be on a surface that was not worn as much this kept the overnight drips to a minimum.

Posted on: 2012/3/1 15:58
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hotrod
See User information
A BIG thanks goes out to everyone for your generous information and advice. It looks like all I have to do now is find the time to "just do it". I'll report back when the project is finished.

Posted on: 2012/3/3 4:49
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved