Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 156

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Eaton pump lid bolt seal
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
about to start rebuilding my power steering pump in my 55 and i don't see the funnel shapped seal for the bolt that goes through the lid in the kit from Max. i see an extra o-ring....so i guess i could just use a washer and put the o-ring under that, but has anyone sourced the funnel shapped seal that goes on there.

there is no individual Packard part number for that seal. but there is a bolt, a washer, and then a funnel type seal that holds the lid on the power steering pump

i have searched all mighty google to no avail. maybe i don't know the right terminology for that seal so my results are not coming up.

then again maybe i'm wrong and it is just an o-ring. but it seems like, iirc, when prying my old on off that it had a funnel bottom that fit into the hole of the lid and then the flat part at the top.

Hank

Attach file:

jpg  (8.55 KB)
491_4f47b64c205aa.jpg 338X289 px

Posted on: 2012/2/24 11:08
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Re: Eaton pump lid bolt seal
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A flat rubber or nylon washer works fine. There is no pressure at that point, just sloshing fluid.

Posted on: 2012/2/24 12:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Part # 6570A.........$1.95

www.tbirdparts.com

Attach file:

jpg  (8.10 KB)
633_4f47def16e0ff.jpg 573X241 px

Posted on: 2012/2/24 14:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
BAM! thanks Portlandon. Owen if Portland hadn't found that, that is what i woulda used.

thanks guys!

Hank

Posted on: 2012/2/24 16:02
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved