Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
254 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 253

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Reel dashboard cigar lighter
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bernie j
See User information
Hello
I am looking for installation and service info for an early 1920s reel type dashboard cigar lighter. Has anyone had experience with one of these interesting accessories.
I am also looking for either photographs or drawings that would assist in the fabrication of a rear mounted spare (disk) wheel. (1923-6)

Thank you

Bernie J.

Posted on: 2012/3/27 1:51
 Top  Print   

Re: Reel dashboard cigar lighter
Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information

Posted on: 2012/3/27 12:23
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bernie j
See User information
Thank you West
I have put a watch on that one. What I am really looking for is a service leaflet or exploded diagram showing how it works, how it should be wired into the system and how it comes apart so it can be put back together again. Is the switch built in or does it have a remote switch?

Bernie J.

Posted on: 2012/3/28 5:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken Sadler
See User information
Hi Bernie

The switch is inside and operates automatically. when the end is pulled out slightly the switch operates and the unit switches on.

The wiring is simple, there is only one connection - the body is grounded to the chassis.

I dont have an exploded diagram but its fairly straighforward - I stripped mine down to fix the switch and it wasn't complicated

Posted on: 2012/3/28 8:31
1930 Deluxe 8 745 Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton
See me in the Registry
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved