Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
159 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 159

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

electric fuel pump
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Can anyone recommend an electric fuel pump by brand or supplier? It must allow gas to flow thru it when shut off. It must be well under $100.00 and may or may not require a regulator. I'm installing it to prime the carbs, not to run on it.

Posted on: 2008/4/11 20:01
 Top  Print   

Re: electric fuel pump
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I too would be interested in a 12v "flow-through" style pump for the exact same reason.

Posted on: 2008/4/11 20:09
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Go to NAPA and get a 5/16" in/out nipple size "pulse" style electric fuel pump. You may also want to get the same size inline filter. I've had same on my 55 Pat for years and they work great. I wired the On/Off on the unused rear seat heater switch on the dash, but obviously you can mount a switch anywhere convenient.

I even had one fail, but the mechanical pump will still pull through it even if it is off or dead.

I mounted mine below the driver side door on the frame rail. I just cut the existing fuel line and plumbed them.

After the pump primes the pump, the "pulsing" noise pretty much stops; when the engine is running you cannot hear it.

Craig

Posted on: 2008/4/11 21:53
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Anyone know if the Carter P4070 rotary pump is flow thru.

Posted on: 2008/4/11 22:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I bought a pulse type pump from Jackson's Old Time Auto Parts in Duluth MN for about 1/3 the price the Canadian NAPA wanted for exactly the same pump. It is Airtex brand and comes with a filter. I bought it for $39.00 on E-Bay where Jackson's sells parts also . I installed a pressure regulator with a short nipple just after the pump also just to be sure. I wired it from the ignition to a toggle switch and it is fused (10Amp) also using 12 ga wire. I mounted the pump to the frame under the drivers side rear door. I use it only to prime the carb.

Posted on: 2008/4/12 9:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
No rotory pumps are flow thru. Only pulse type are flow thru.

Craig

Posted on: 2008/4/12 18:32
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved