Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
154 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 152

Kevin, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

54 Pacific
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

jesse
See User information
I've always liked the Pacifics and Mayfairs but it seems the Pacific is much more desirable. I've been surprised somewhat by this Pacific on Ebay and how far it's gone in it's bidding. When I first saw it I was thinking $12K-$14K tops and it's already past that. If it goes past $20K I'll be surprised.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1954-Packard-Pacific-2-D-R-/300830172693?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item460ae02615

Posted on: 2012/12/14 8:10
 Top  Print   

Re: 54 Pacific
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bobby
See User information
Value=desirability. It only takes two people who want something badly enough to bid it up. Maybe I'm biased, but I've always thought the cost of the '51-54's were undervalued, maybe this listing represents the beginning of a readjustment?

Posted on: 2012/12/14 14:32
1954 black Patrician, unrestored, mostly original, minty!!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
I wouldn't consider that nice of a car "bid up". If you had a decent car to start with, you could not get one to that condition for the money. That doesn't even take into count the time and manhours you would have to invest into the project. If I had the space and enough more years left, I would have been bidding.

Posted on: 2012/12/14 18:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I too have always admired the Mayfairs and Pacifics, the Pacific a bit more because it was finally a full "senior" car which can't be said for the Mayfair. If there is anything I don't like about it, it's that the style somewhat accentuates the high beltline, same of course as the sedans but the eye is drawn more to it on the Pacific.

One thing that I think is remarkable about that particular car is the state of preservation of the underbody, floors, rockers, etc. It must have had the benefit of great storage and care over the years. A really NICE example, I'd be pleased to have it in my garage.

Posted on: 2012/12/14 18:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
If I only had the room...
It was very reasonable at 18K.

Posted on: 2012/12/14 19:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Al
See User information
Agreed. Hard to find another quality Pacific for the 18K. Seems like a good honest car, needing an engine and trunk detail.
The shipping cost from Virginia to AZ was a negative for me.

Posted on: 2012/12/14 22:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Caribbeandude
See User information
looks like a 22k car, someone got a bargain

Posted on: 2012/12/15 0:30
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved