Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
120 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 116

Todd W. White, moodydavid16, BDeB, Jeff Williams, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

2365-3769 back from the grave
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Dr. Frankstein does it again.

Attach file:

jpg  (153.57 KB)
13733_522b6e275c984.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2013/9/7 13:19
 Top  Print   

Re: 2365-3769 back from the grave
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Jim, glad to see it running!

Do yourself a favor, get rid of that universal radiator hose; either buy the right preformed one from one of Packard vendors, or cheaper yet, just visit an auto parts store and look for one with the correct diameter and a reasonably correct profile in a section of it. Those universal hoses place a bit of a constant strain on the radiator gooseneck and tank and sooner or later can lead to some unwanted expense.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 13:50
 Top  Print   

Re: 2365-3769 back from the grave
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Caught me. The eye is always drawn to what it wants to see. Should of photo shopped. I have picture of nice blue smoke coming out the tailpipe, but EPA maybe watching.
Hey, look on the bright side => it didn't leak a bit at temp.! Even had good vacuum on the pump rebuild. Ran good. Glad you didn't say anything publically about the roached welding on the outlet. That disturbs me cause I'm better than that. I made the angle wrong and had welder issues. I had a nice hose based on the old hose but it wouldn't fit the angle. All they had left to get it installed. If I decide to keep the str 8 in it, I'll do the full treatment;rebuild, scrap the oilpan as someone mentioned, etc. I accomplished my milestone to see if it would run and on to the next phase => Fix one thing, find 10 new things that don't work or are shot.

Posted on: 2013/9/7 19:06
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved