Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
214 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 214

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

vacuum antenna bezel diff between 47 and 48-50
Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
I am missing the bezel between the fender and vacuum antenna on my 47. Any idea as whether a 48-50 bezel will work on a 47?

thks

david

Posted on: 2014/3/15 19:53
 Top  Print   

Re: vacuum antenna bezel diff between 47 and 48-50
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I don't know the answer but would be very surprised if they interchanged, the profile of the fender is very different.

Posted on: 2014/3/16 10:42
 Top  Print   

Re: vacuum antenna bezel diff between 47 and 48-50
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here is what the 47 piece looks like with dimensions. Perhaps you can get Jerry to compare with the 48-50 item.

If the differences are relatively small, perhaps it would be possible to fine tune the fit with a file. After our emails yesterday, I did look thru some boxes and found a rubber pad was used on the bottom at the fender. It has a lip that extends over the grommet so a little mismatch to the fender would be covered as long as it was not severe. Steele does not list a pad for the 47 so I am going to have to try the one he has for 48-50.

As I see it, the one item that may be an issue is the inner diameter. The 47 is one inch ID and I believe you said the 48 was also. I am wondering how your 3/4" diameter antenna would fit in either without some kind of bushing and would the nut cover the top of the grommet or just the bushing.

Obviously can't speak for Jerry or know his process but one possibility on the inner dimension -- if the rest of the dimensions are close enough to his mold to be usable -- is a special made item. With my AC project, he was more than willing to accommodate my requests for two of his production knobs but with different size holes and a dash bezel that was plain instead of one with the molded in printing and also with a smaller cast in hole. Perhaps his process would enable a grommet with a smaller ID. Worth a call or email to check.

Attach file:

jpg  (23.87 KB)
209_5325df1facca0.jpg 847X463 px

jpg  (18.98 KB)
209_5325df2bc70ee.jpg 419X384 px

Posted on: 2014/3/16 12:28
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved