Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

CCCA Grand Classic, Cape May, NJ
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Last weekend the Metro Region of the CCCA hosted a Grand Classic in Cape May, NJ, a historic town at the southern tip of NJ well-known for the preservation of it's Victorian seashore architecture. The host hotel was the 198 year-old Congress Hall which has hosted a number of U.S. Presidents over its history. It was an excellent event, great cars, fine weather, fine dining, and good camaraderie. About 50 bona fide Classics were present and a bit surprisingly all were prewar and about half sported custom coachwork from the likes of Dietrich, LeBaron, Brunn, Willoughby, Fernandez & Darrin, Rollson, Murphy, Weymann, Lancefield, Merrimac, etc.

Upcoming Grand Classics are scheduled for Hickory Corners Michigan May 30/June 1; Dearborn Michigan July 12; Columbus Indiana July 25/27 and Stillwater Minn. August 2nd.

Sometimes the stars just align for a great snapshot; great background, interesting mix of color, great sky and lighting, etc. The utility lines will succumb to Photoshop soon. Hope you enjoy the picture.

Some other photos of the event can be found over on the PAC forum at:http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2838

Attach file:

jpg  (156.74 KB)
177_5365381ca9804.jpg 1099X1280 px

Posted on: 2014/5/3 13:25
 Top  Print   

Re: CCCA Grand Classic, Cape May, NJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
If you fade that picture a little and it will look like a 80 year old picture!

And let me tell you guys something; that car looks still that good when you are 2 ft away! I saw it up close just before Dave took it to the CCCA Grand Classic, and it is gorgeous!

Posted on: 2014/5/3 14:14
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
BDC, thanks for the nice words. The fact that the entire body tub is still original nitrocellulose lacquer paint is a testament to how well those paints could survive when they had good care. The 4 fenders, hood, and sidemount covers were repainted in the early 1970s, again with R-M's nitrocellulose lacquer.

Posted on: 2014/5/3 17:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sloride75
See User information
Gorgeous, just beautiful. Maybe it's time to change your avatar picture!

Posted on: 2014/5/3 17:58
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved