Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 157

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1932 Packard at scotsdale
Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Any thoughts on the 32 4 door restomod big block that sold at B-J scottsdale for 65 k. Is there a growing market for such vehicles? Does anyone know the possibility of fitting a V8 352 with a 3 speed manual in a 37-38 115 coupe? Floor shifter fitment?

Posted on: 2015/1/17 13:16
 Top  Print   

Re: 1932 Packard at scotsdale
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
These junk rods will all go to the crusher eventually. I heard a story recently about an auto executive paying $XX,000 for a mint Woodie that is now being chopped into a junk rod. All the workers in the plant have to say is "what a shame".

However, when I saw what a restoration shop did to what was a beautiful original V-12 for the sake of Rabble Beach, a car the old timers raved about, I almost threw up. I am quickly losing all interest in clubs, car shows, and the tasteless rabble that congregates such places.

Posted on: 2015/1/17 18:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
Interesting comments. Seeing the sat night sales there was also a restored original 37 2 door roadster in the 75 k range and some other restored originals in that price range manufactured by ford etc but interestingly a 41 Packard drop top with "customized" interior and paint and body mods upwards of 400 k. Seems some heavily modified vehicles bringing half a mill or close to it. The Boydsters in that range too. Fantastic craftsmanship on some. Not sure junk rods properly describes them.

Posted on: 2015/1/17 22:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

We hope there isn't a growing market for such atrocities but as the expression goes: "there's a butt for every seat" and many now are enabled to indulge their poor taste with mega-dollars. It's the modern malady.

Nothing to be done but lament the lost of one more original car, appreciate the craftsmanship if any is present, then studiously ignore the cussed things.

Steve

Posted on: 2015/1/18 13:26
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved