Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
201 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 200

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1937 115c accessories
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ken Jaeger
See User information
Does anyone know if the 37 115c accessories included a rear backup light or a trunk and rack?

Posted on: 2015/2/8 17:08
 Top  Print   

Re: 1937 115c accessories
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gary Kulp
See User information
The trunk rack was,but you will need longer bumper braces.

Posted on: 2015/2/8 17:15
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ken Jaeger
See User information
thank you, do you know how the backup light was wired, and or triggered.

Posted on: 2015/2/9 10:42
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gary Kulp
See User information
May guess is a wire was run along side of the wiring harness as it returned to the cars interior or dash. As these were a dealer installed items,the wire wasn't part of the wiring harness. If you are installing a new wiring harness,tell the maker that will be using a backup light and any other accessory as Fog or driving lights and they will add it to the wiring harness for you.

Posted on: 2015/2/9 12:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
do you know how the backup light was wired, and or triggered.

Since it is a cane shift I would think there would have to be a switch mounted on the transmission as was done with other models. The 37 senior wiring diagram shows reverse light wiring to what I assume would be the drivers side of trans. It is fed via an inline fuse off the light switch.

Any chance of someone being under observing while someone else shifts so see if there is a rod or plunger that extends or if there is a plug that could be removed and expose a place where a switch could thread in.

Posted on: 2015/2/9 13:04
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
...do you know how the backup light was wired, and or triggered.

Perhaps I'm missing something, the only backup light switch I see listed in the 1935-41 parts list is for the 1941 Six T1900 (taxi) - perhaps because that's the only model where it was standard equipment. I haven't checked the accessory catalog to see if a back-up light was an accessory for 1937, I would think so as a backing light was standard on the seniors all the way into the 20s. These were actuated by the rearward movement of the 1st/Rev shifter rail which contacted a plunger switch on the rear of the transmission case, something the junior transmission isn't capable of, as I understand it.

A listing of what the component parts were of an accessory backup light kit (if it can be found) might provide the answer.

Posted on: 2015/2/9 13:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Don't think there was a backup light accessory available for the '35-'38 junior cars with the cane shift. Certainly one could be fitted but with a switch mounted to the instrument panel. The '39 on cars with the column mounted gear shift most likely had this option available. Of course, as O_D writes, the senior cars prior to 1939 had backup lights available that were activated my a transmission mounted switch. I looked in the parts book and the accessory book and could not find anything for the 15th series junior cars.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/2/9 14:52
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ken Jaeger
See User information
Thank you all for the information, I will keep inquiring.

Posted on: 2015/2/10 10:23
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I just checked the list of Packard Accessories for the 1938 Six; a back-up light was NOT listed so I'd think it would not have been available in 1937 either which confirms JW's finding.

Posted on: 2015/2/10 10:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
There is no backup light listed in the accessory catalog for 1937 115C and 120C models.
Likewise for the sales data book.

Posted on: 2015/2/10 10:44
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved