Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 159

2T9-626, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Interior restoration
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
As I'm starting to plan for winter projects, I want to attack the interior of my car. Current condition:
- Original headliner, door and side pieces
- Seats recovered
- Nothing on front floor, shag carpet on rear

The headliner is sagging. My initial thought is to get some sort of 3M spray on adhesive and a roller, spray and roll until it is all re-attached and tight.

Not sure what the floor is supposed to look like or any resources. Any photos or recommendations out there? I think it is rubber up front and carpet in the rear. Is there supposed to be insulating material under? What have guys used?

I appreciate any and all assistance - I am pretty ignorant of the materials, sources, etc. for this kind of work! All of my experience so far has been mechanical. Thanks in advance!

Posted on: 2015/10/16 9:24
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Re: Interior restoration
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I can only comment on the rear carpets, and just in general, not specific to your car. If the Salesman's Data Book for your car is available, it may have details on interior materials. For years Bill Hirsch who IMO is #1 for interior upholstery materials had a short-nap hogshair carpet material which was a close match for what Packard used in the 30s. Why not contact him and ask for materials? Senior cars during much of the 30s had a pad under the carpet - not sure about the juniors but it can be seen here:

http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=686

It's a thin pad covered with a synthetic 'fabrikoid" type material.

If you've got some nice details and you know absolutely that they are authentic, how about contributing some photos to that thread on the PAC forum, it's the only place I know of where authentic details are being recorded in a single place and it begs for more contributions.

Posted on: 2015/10/16 10:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
Ken,
I know of one or two local 37 120's (including a 120 CD...Deluxe). I'll try to contact the owners for photos.
Pat

Posted on: 2015/10/16 13:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Rubber mat with jute backing on forward deck and hogs hair carpeting on aft. David Flack can confirm if this is correct.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/10/16 14:10
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved