Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
73 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 71

Edgar, Packwagon, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

California fires
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Hope all in California are safe.

Posted on: 2017/10/11 18:09
 Top  Print   

Re: California fires
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't think the fire in the LA area is quite as bad as the one up north. A few houses east of Anaheim have been lost though. News said a little town in the hills east of Fresno was put on notice for possible evacuation because of a fire that broke out but don't think that one has gotten out of hand yet like the others. That is about as close to Fresno as it is likely to get.

It is devastating in the Napa- Santa Rosa area which is about 50 miles north of San Francisco. I checked with the property manager who takes care of my rental which is in the south part of Santa Rosa a few hours ago. While so far her office and my house was safe she lived in the most affected area and had lost her house and a couple of her rentals. Even though downtown buildings were still OK power was out in most of the area. Smoke was so bad she said it seemed like dusk was in mid afternoon. Latest estimate is over 3500 buildings lost in the Santa Rosa-Napa area and just heard on the news they had evacuated the entire town of Calistoga which is a few miles away from Santa Rosa.

There are spme nice Packards up that way and I believe some of the late Steve Williams parts and parts cars may have stayed up in the general area where the fire is raging. I really do feel for the people up there and who knows, I may feel for me if the fire changes direction.

Posted on: 2017/10/11 21:09
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: California fires
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I remember the aftermath of the Oakland Hills fire in the early 1990s. A common sight was numerous trucks with flat-bed trailers loaded with flatened burned out vehicles being moved. Lots of vintage and collectable vehicles were lost. Of course, this was nothing compared to the loss of thousands of homes and the hundreds who lost their lives. JWL

Posted on: 2017/10/12 10:29
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved