Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
173 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 169

Packard Don, 37Blanche, 53 Cavalier, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Finding a door
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Last summer I had to find a front left (driver's) door for my 1940 1803 Super8 1377 Convertible Sedan. I was very lucky that David Moe at Packard-Seattle had one that had come from the Central Oregon high desert. Convertible doors, with no upper section around the rear and upper sides of the window are prone to rust out from water collecting in the bottom of the door.

The door was marked 1938-1939 120-180. We took a chance and discovered it fit my 1940 160, too. When stevep516 contacted me about finding doors for his 1377, I directed him to Seattle, suggested he check the parts book because the doors for 4-door converts are not the same as 2-door converts, which are much wider, but that I thought the same door was used on 1938, 1939, 1940...120, 160, 180 models.

I decided this morning to check the parts book myself and found that the untrimmed door for all these years and models have different parts numbers.

I was wondering if anyone has collected or if there is a publication with interchange data for Packard doors.

I sent a PM to Bruce Blevins to see if the blueprints for a 1940 1803 1377 show the other years and models that the blueprint is good for.

Attach file:

jpg  (25.01 KB)
1067_5a7b3da7870bc.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2018/2/7 12:55
 Top  Print   

Re: Finding a door
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
There is no interchange data that I have ever seen. One (minor) difference between the 38/9 and 40 doors are the series of holes to attach the beltline chrome trim on the 40 doors. Also in 40, there are minor differences between the vent window, push out vs. crank out.

Posted on: 2018/2/7 13:03
 Top  Print   

Re: Finding a door
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
My Hollander's does have a section on door interchange but Packard is not among the makes listed, a bit of a surprise.

Posted on: 2018/2/7 23:23
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved