Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
240 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 239

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Door Sill Mouldings
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Bill Wurts
See User information
I am finishing up the restoration my 1939 Super 8 limo.
I have lost the name of the supplier that sells reproduction Sill Plates. I visited his booth at Hershey
a year or two ago but cant find what I did with the Information.

Also Any suggestions for reasonably priced door weather stripping.

Thanks, Bill Wurts

Posted on: 2018/2/12 11:40
 Top  Print   

Re: Door Sill Mouldings
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Doorsills, North Haledon New Jersey. Ask for Don.

Attach file:

jpg  (142.67 KB)
177_5a81c42b3e3b7.jpg 851X1277 px

Posted on: 2018/2/12 11:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
On the weather strip I believe your choices are between vendors selling essentially the same product. Kanter does offer an item in his senior car listings labeled as a repro of the original --Gr 30.344-- but don't know if it is specifically molded to shape or one of the extrusions cut to length.https://www.kanter.com/packard/pac-sen.html#30

I believe Max will supply the same items made by Steele but at a slight discount. If you have a decent piece of original to use in matching, Metro Molded Rubber, Restoration Specialties, and Steele all offer several shapes of universal stripping by the foot. Buying that is probably the least expensive.

Posted on: 2018/2/12 12:32
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Steele Rubber has all the rubber parts for your car.

https://www.steelerubber.com/search?year=1939&make=packard&model=super-eight&style=4-door-limousine

Click on an individual item and you'll see a profile of the product with dimensions. At least you'll have the specs in searching for something at a lower price that could work.

Posted on: 2018/2/12 16:54
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved