Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
226 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 223

R H, Don B, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard's 'Group numbers' and 'Part numbers???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Is there one parts book out there that has the picture explosions, part numbers AND the grouping system numbers in a single publication? I see the Packard Club sells a '1935-1941' Parts Book, (I'm looking for '39) but I don't know what's inside it.
When I look in 'our' archives, each category is listed separately.
Can somebody who has this figured out give me some help?? If I buy the '35-'41 book, is that all I'll need? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Posted on: 2018/2/27 20:24
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard's 'Group numbers' and 'Part numbers???
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
yes, what you need is the 35-41 parts book, either in print or on this website. add to that the blue cover '39 service manual and your owners manual and you are good to go.

Posted on: 2018/2/27 20:47
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard's 'Group numbers' and 'Part numbers???
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The paper reprint copy of the 35-41 parts list is nice to have and is exactly the same as the one on this site which can be downloaded.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/view.article.php?251 The downloadable version has been broken down into sections so it can be handled more easily. Trying to download or even view the entire manual as a single file is a massive undertaking.

You can also check out the same manual as it is presented in the Packard Parts List in the link from the left main menu. That is the same 35-41 book. Kev and others spent some time doing behind scenes work so you can look at a photo or plate, identify a group number from the plate and then find that group number in the list below the plate and click on it to see all the part numbers under that group number from all the years and models using the same part. Being able to see all the years using the same part in one place makes chasing the part down a bit easier.

In the Parts List, the right hand column "Illustrated Parts Plates" has the plates and the group numbers but the left hand column "Master Parts Lists" only shows group numbers and is assuming you already know the group number.

Posted on: 2018/2/27 20:55
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved