Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Vent Window Rubber on a 1951
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I ordered new rubber fro the front wind wing and I'm getting ready to instal the flat piece (Steele Rubber P/N 30-0443-55). I requires three rivets to hold it in place. I've looked at several places and have been unable able to find them. Does anyone out there know of a source?

Posted on: 2018/6/14 10:46
 Top  Print   

Re: Vent Window Rubber on a 1951
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Rivets appear to be a special size not commonly found in the usual retail places. According to the utility info it is an oval head cad plated tubular rivet 3/32 x 5/32 x 5/32 where I am assuming the 3/32 is the diameter.

Jay-Cee has something that appears close.https://www.rivetsonline.com/steel-plated-semi-tubular-rivets-085-089/t080s00156o but are sold in a box quantity of 100. Finding individual rivets that size might be hard but if anyone has that rivet in small quantity it would probably be Restoration Specialties.

If there is space for a wider dome head, it might also be possible to use an ordinary 3/32 diameter pop rivet and shorten the tube portion to fit. Set the modified body with conventional rivet tools. McMaster has a selection of 3/32 diameter pop rivets.

Posted on: 2018/6/14 11:23
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Vent Window Rubber on a 1951
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Howard,

Thanks for your reply and information. It appears that Restoration does carry a rivet that would work. Since I need 40 or so rivets of a different size for another project I'll be ordering from Jay-Cee so as to avoid multiple shipping cost.

If anyone out there needs a few of the rivets for the Vent Window rubber strip drop me a PM as I expect to have 90 or so left over after I do both sides.

Posted on: 2018/6/16 2:07
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved