Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1935 HEADLIGHT EXPLODED VIEW
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

craig clawson
See User information
DOSE ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND AN EXPLODED VIEW OF THE HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY FOR A 1935 PACKARD. I HAVE AN LARGE O-RING WITH ALL THE PARTS FOR THE HEADLIGHT AND CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHERE IT GOES.

Posted on: 2009/2/17 19:27
 Top  Print 

Re: 1935 HEADLIGHT EXPLODED VIEW
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I good to see that you're seriously into this project on such a worthwhile car. You're going to have a lot of other questions and I think it's perhaps time you got some better resources. If the 1933-1936 parts manual isn't available on this site for download (I haven't checked), then you should purchase a copy, it has tons of information you will require, plus quite a few detailed illustrations including those of the various headlamps used. Most of the national Packard vendors sell a reprinted parts manual, and you can also get it from The Packard Club (PAC).

Posted on: 2009/2/17 20:42
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Craig,

Owen is right. Parts Lists are very helpful and often have cut-out illustrations of body parts. There is one covering your year found at:

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/view.article.php?251

I'd look in Group 11 and possibly group 4.

DanL

Posted on: 2009/2/17 22:34
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Craig see if any of these help:

Click to see original Image in a new window

Click to see original Image in a new window

Also just a word of forum edicate, when you type in ALL CAPS, that is the same as shouting. Just that I would pass that along in case you were not aware.

Posted on: 2009/2/17 22:59
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

craig clawson
See User information
I HAVE A PARTS BOOK, BUT THE ONE I HAVE DOES NOT SHOW VERY GOOD PICTURES LIKE THE LINK YOU SENT. I LOOKED IT OVER AND FOUND A CUT AWAY VIEW OF THE HEADLIGHT, BUT STILL HARD TO TELL HOW THE O-RING FITS IN. LOOKS TO ME LIKE BETWEEN THE REFLECTOR AND THE LENS. HAVE TO STUDY IT SOME MORE.
THANKS GUYS.

Posted on: 2009/2/18 0:00
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

craig clawson
See User information
THE O-RING I AM REFERING TOO, IT 4.1322
BUT AS I LOOK AT THIS PHOTO, MY HEADLIGHT IS A BIT DIFFERANT. THE REFLECTOR HAS THREE CLIPS ON THE BACK SIDE THAT CLIP INTO THE MAIN HOUSING. THEN THE LENS AND BEZEL THAT ARE ASSEMBLED WITH 4 INSERT RETAINERS BETWEEN THE GLASS AND THE BEZEL. THEY CLIP AT THE TOP AND HOOK IN THE BOTTOM ADJUSTING SCREW. THIS SET UP LOOKS DIFFERANT THAN THAT. MAYBE I DON'T EVEN NEED THE O-RING.

Posted on: 2009/2/18 0:06
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Craig, can you please turn off that god%$mn caps key?

Posted on: 2009/2/18 2:26
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Are you sure the O-ring wasn't someone else's idea of a replacement for a cork gasket? I've had these headlamps apart a few times (though not recently) and never saw an O-ring, I'm not even convinced O-rings were in common use at that time. But there are other gaskets used including the large cork one that seals around the lens to keep water out of the lamp.

BTW, the number you cite, 4.1XXX is a Group Number, not a part number. You need to look within that particular GROUP to find the individual part number that applies to your particular vehicle.

Posted on: 2009/2/18 11:29
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

craig clawson
See User information
ok, sorry about the caps lock.
the part number listed for the gasket/seal came as an o-ring. I attempted to install it on the front outer edge of the reflector. I can get it to squeeze into the outer grove. but had to order new reflectors due to parts not available for the parking lamp for my reflector. the new reflector outer groove will not excpet this o-ring. but i do like the idea of a cork gasket there, should be able to get that to work.
thanks all

Posted on: 2009/2/18 21:34
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
You should be able to buy a sheet of gasket material from your local parts store and just make your own gasket. Just trace the reflector as a template.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 0:08
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved