Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
106 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 103

29tons, kevinpackard, JWL, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

57 Brochure
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Did a bit of experimenting with the new document camera today. This was one of the larger brochures I have and I think the camera did a decent job quality wise. At 11 x 14 inches (14 x 22 when open) the open brochure was still too big for the A3 max size the camera can do so not as easy as laying a book down and capturing both pages but I was able to do one page at a time. On my old scanner it would have needed two scans of each page and then trying to match those together for a presentable page. The software has some limitations but overall this was much easier to work with than doing it on the flatbed.

Attach file:

pdf 57 Packard.pdf Size: 6,168.55 KB; Hits: 198

Posted on: 2022/1/17 17:06
Howard
 Top  Print 

Re: 57 Brochure
Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Looks good nice and clear Always amazed at the toys that almost anyone can get now
Back when we were young this type of stuff was not easily found for everyone at price everyone could afford.

Posted on: 2022/1/17 19:29
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
HH56 -

This looks like the prestige color catalog that I have for 57. Downloaded your PDF to my Android phone, but it wouldn't open. Downloaded it to my Chromebook, and it opened fine.

I picked up this and several other pieces for 57-58 decades ago just to compare and contrast with 55-56. I couldn't scan this one at home, and Staples wanted too much to do so.

Glad you were able to do this for the site. I Hope BigKev adds it oi the archive.

Posted on: 2022/1/18 17:07
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I think you are correct and it is the prestige folder for 57 -- just from the size if not the content. I guess for Stude it was top line but not nearly as nice as the 54 or 56 Packard prestige pieces which I will try to do in a few days.

Not sure what to say on not opening in Android. I only have Apple so all I can test is on an Apple product and it opens fine with OSX in the iMac or iOS in the iPhone and iPad. Am going under the assumption that with all the downloads and no mentions of any other issues it works OK on Windows too. PDF is a native file format for OSX so it is built into the software and I suppose there could be something Apple does that Android does not like or maybe the file was corrupted in some way when transferring over to your phone.

Posted on: 2022/1/18 19:33
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Although you may not presently have it, there is also a prestige catalog for 55.

However, there is also a seldom seen prestige color catalog for 56 that features both Packard AND Studebaker lines. It has a glossy, lacquered cover, which tends to degrade over time, if not stored carefully. That weakness may contribute to their relative scarcity.

Posted on: 2022/1/19 9:20
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Brochure added to Literature Archive. Thanks!

Posted on: 2022/1/21 15:35
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved