Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
208 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 207

moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Mothers Polish
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I had bought a little tub of Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish to clean up something else, but I decided to see what it would do on this gas cap. This gas cap (the larger one) was on the 1937 when I got it. It was not the correct one, as I think it's for a senior or later car, and I was able to track down the proper junior cap.

But it has lots of oxidation and rust on it. In about 30 seconds of polishing with a shop rag and some Mothers it came out like this. All the rust and oxidation is gone. Now this has some deep scratches that the Mothers isn't going to fix, but I'm impressed with how much it cleaned up with just a little effort. I'm going to see what this does to my hubcaps and the aluminum cam covers next! It made the junior cap look like a mirror.

Attach file:

jpeg  20221209_143544 Large.jpeg (92.50 KB)
1_645a52eb4c142.jpeg 1280X721 px

jpeg  20230509_085335 Large.jpeg (74.11 KB)
1_645a52f507400.jpeg 1280X576 px

jpg  ScreenShot 723.jpg (77.52 KB)
1_645a530659afc.jpg 1242X1074 px

Posted on: 2023/5/9 9:05
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Mothers Polish
Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Looks nice!

I use a similar product, Nevr-Dull by Eagle One. It works, but I haven't compared other products to see if there is a better option. The one can is essentially a lifetime supply for me.

I've gotten in the habit of throwing on a layer of wax afterwards....it helps to give the metal a bit of extra shine.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2023/5/9 9:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

wjames
See User information
I am a fan of Simichrome, been a fan for years

Posted on: 2023/5/9 11:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I should try some of these on some spare Henney wheelcovers which are totally dull but maybe Korean War Chrome so no hope they will shine like the cap. I have a cap just like that somewhere from one of my prewar Packards - probably my original 1939 Six. (By the title, I thought you were making a comment about your mother!)

Posted on: 2023/5/9 11:49
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved