Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 132

Bingo, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Site PDF Requires Password
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I'm trying to open a PDF in the Literature section but I get a prompt that a password is required. The same with this one. I was able to download and unlock the files but the upholstery section is corrupt so the page with Trim 55 is only partially viewable and that's the page I need!

Posted on: 2/22 15:22
 Top  Print   

Re: Site PDF Requires Password
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don, IIRC someone else had trouble opening some of the site pdf documents recently and turned out it was due to his system and OS being old and out of date. He went to a different and newer computer and had no issues opening the same items on that system.

I scanned and created those documents from the 56 color and upholstery book back in 2007 using Acrobat 8.11 but did not put any password protection on them. Maybe Kev or the new software added something since then but both sections you linked open and do not require any password when I click on the links in your post and open them on my iMac or my iPad. Both of those devices are using the latest Apple IOS upgrades.

Posted on: 2/22 15:52
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
It's only those two - all the others open just fine and I am using the latest browser and operating system. As a Web programmer and techie, my systems are always up to date. In this case, the problem is there only when I click on one of them to open in the browser but downloaded first, it opens just fine although the one page that I need is corrupt with only the upper half visible.

Posted on: 2/22 15:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The original file is too large to post here but this is a reduced size copy of the original file. Can you open and if so I will do the other one.

Attach file:

pdf Clipper copy.pdf Size: 707.95 KB; Hits: 31

Posted on: 2/22 16:22
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Thank you, Howard! It was only the upholstery one that I needed and the corrupt page opened as it should in your fresh but reduced copy. It told me what I needed to know, which I had already (correctly!) guessed based on those I could see!

Posted on: 2/22 16:34
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved