Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
244 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 243

29- 640 Club Sedan, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

120 and 115 similarities?
Just popping in
Just popping in

Sam Newman
See User information
Hi all, I've got a '36 120B and need some new body parts. I found a whole '37 115C body, which seems to have quite a lot of the same body. Anyone know exactly how similar - are the rear clips the same? I'd really love to be able to use the rear wheel wells and the doors, but I'm guessing only the wheel wells (if even those) are the same.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,
Sam

Posted on: 2010/12/20 10:00
 Top  Print   

Re: 120 and 115 similarities?
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Unencumbered without any documentation, I would say that the main difference between the 120s and their 6-cylinder siblings, besides the engine, is that the 120s have a 5-inch longer wheelbase than the Sixes. This extra length is from the cowl forward. I would venture that from there back the bodies are the same. There are trim and interior differences, but basically I believe they use the same body and rear fenders. Flackmaster???

Posted on: 2010/12/20 11:04
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The parts book usually has the answers. If I'm reading it correctly, it indicates different rear fender part number for a 1937 115 and a 1936 120 sedan.

Posted on: 2010/12/20 11:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don 37
See User information
JW,

You would have much better luck between a 37 115C and 120C, I have had both and I can't tell the difference between the 37's. The 36 rear fenders are different than the the 37's. I have seen a 36 used on a 37 and the owner would have probably kept if on if the other side was also a 36, but it was a 37, and he could tell the difference. A 35-36 wheel is different than the 37. I have 2 35-36 wheels I would swap for 37's if you would like. The main differences in the body is of course the dash and the windshield being taller on the 37 versus 0nthe 35-36 bodies. TYhere are many other minor differences between them a book could and shpuld be written on them. I am leaving in about 5 minutes to take a 37 Chassis to Kansas to fix my 27 138CD Limo. but have my trusty smart phone to keep on top of things here.
Don

Posted on: 2010/12/20 13:07
1936 and 1937 120's Are what we like best. But we also like all other Packards too.

Don 37'
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Don 37, Nice to hear about the subtle differences that only one who has been deep into these cars can experience. I am not in the market for any parts, just replying to Sam's posting. Your message should be helpful to him. Travel safely.

(o{I}o)

Edit: It would have probably been more accurate to say that there was a high likelihood of body and rear fender commonality between the 120s and Sixes for the same year. I often overlook that there were detail differences from year to year.

Posted on: 2010/12/20 13:42
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Sam Newman
See User information
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for replying! Owen, could you direct me to the page in the parts book (or the section) that you were looking at? The other day I thought I found a page suggesting that the rear wheel wells (which are my major problem spot) were the same on the two cars, but now I can't find it again.

Again, I've got a 1936 120-B and I need some body parts for it - specifically rear wheel wells, potentially doors, and definitely handles, especially the chrome covers for them.

Thanks again!
Sam

Posted on: 2010/12/28 23:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks so much for replying! Owen, could you direct me to the page in the parts book (or the section) that you were looking at?

I was looking in the Fender & Running board section, Group 7.000. In my parts book (April, 1944) the fender section begins on page 172.

Posted on: 2010/12/29 9:16
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved