Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
96 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 92

Packard Don, 37Blanche, CarFreak, Peter, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Everyone loves a Packard - Views from other forums
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken Sadler
See User information
It seems a classic Packard can stop folk in their tracks.
Are there posts from other forums (non Packard) that enthuse over Packards that have been seen?

Cortcomp posted this in another thread.....

Link from a pontiac board i frequent:

http://psp.aquacomp.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4887

Scroll about half way down to get past the yenko stuff. I'm guessing that the owner of that sweet car is here somewhere! Even the muscle car fans appreciate a classic packard.

Posted on: 2011/5/19 1:46
1930 Deluxe 8 745 Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton
See me in the Registry
 Top  Print   

Re: Everyone loves a Packard - Views from other forums
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken Sadler
See User information
Here's some comments from my local forum

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=113&t=991338&mid=249570&nmt=Griffins+Head+Papplewick+%28Notts%29Classic+Car+Meets+1st%263rdWed

"Good to see so many folks there, some amazing cars, like the 1930 straight8 packard."

"Great pics, it was a nice evening, good mix of tasty machinery too. The 1930 Packard was fantastic."

"I can't remember now, has anyone got a flyer for it, think it was £2 a car at that one.
If it was a head with your Packard wow, you could fit a bus full in that fantastic car of yours, its a show on its own that car, simply stunning."

"Wow!

The Packard is stunning"

"gutted to have missed it, the Packard is gorgeous"

"Back in those days, the premium Americans were easily the equal of Rolls Royce, Bentley, Bugatti, Hispano Suiza, Tatra, Mercedes Benz etc.

Cadillac V16 anyone?"

Posted on: 2011/5/19 1:52
1930 Deluxe 8 745 Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton
See me in the Registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
I have read numerous times that in the 1920's with 16 premium domestic and imported makes being sold in the US, Packard had over 50% of the market. Peerless, Pierce, Caddy, Lincoln. big Marmon, Rolls, Isotta, Mercedes, Hispano etc etc

Posted on: 2011/5/19 6:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
I have read numerous times that in the 1920's with 16 premium domestic and imported makes being sold in the US, Packard had over 50% of the market. Peerless, Pierce, Caddy, Lincoln. big Marmon, Rolls, Isotta, Mercedes, Hispano etc etc

An incredible accomplishment that meant very little very quickly. Packard was able to grow and adapt in the thirties, but they seem to have been drained of their elan vitale in the process.

Posted on: 2011/5/21 18:50
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved