Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
117 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 115

54packpac, Stefanie, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Frustrated with whom ever is making knob kits for Kanter...
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Vintage41
See User information
I'm just a bit frustrated with whom ever is making the dash knob kit and trim around the radio for Kanter, I ordered these parts 2 months ago checked in several times and all I get from Packard parts is we will try to get a hold of them. I'm sorry but if it's been over a month and they don't call you back I have a big problem with doing business with whom ever is making these parts. I spent 900.00 and some change, at the least they can call Kanter back and let them know whats the hold up. This is unacceptable....

Posted on: 2011/6/17 4:07
 Top  Print   

Re: Frustrated with whom ever is making knob kits for Kanter...
Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
We feel the same way, unfortunately there is only one source we know of. I'm sure their business is part time and a labor of love and we're thankful that someone makes them.

To give you a perspective, we have wire wheels manufatured by several firms. The one in the US just announced they are shutting down for 6 months to retool so all orders are delayed. The one overseas has our deposit money for over a year, a substantial amount for a re-order, and announced they are raising the price 30% from their quite due to steel and currency changes. Had they delivered them in the promised 45 days there would have been no increase. Basically they say take it or leave it.

All in all it's a fun hobby and business

fred kanter

Posted on: 2011/6/17 7:36
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved