Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 209

JohnCB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Happy Canada Day!
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Happy Canada Day to my neighbors to the far north!

I havent been back up to Canada in a long time, I always enjoy my travels there when I do. I am really craving some some Poutine, and there is only place in the US I have been able to find it, which has been a food cart in Portland.

Posted on: 2011/7/1 10:00
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Happy Canada Day!
Just popping in
Just popping in

jimbo
See User information
Thanks from Canada! You would be welcome to come and visit Canada anytime. In our part of the country, there's not a lot of Packards to come and see.

Our Packard was invited to our grandson's graduation last weekend. I think I have attached a picture but haven't done this before so not sure.

Jimbo

Posted on: 2011/7/1 11:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Greetings to Dave (clipper47), Rusty, Brian (BDeB), Jimbo and all the other Packard friends in the Great White North.

The attached photograph shows nobody less than Lester Bowles "Mike" Pearson in Moscow in front of two Soviet steamrollers. Mr. Pearson was Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, 14th Prime Minister of Canada, foreign minister, ambassador to the United States, professor, 48 times honorary doctor, leader of the Liberal Party, great sportsman, ... but much more interesting, wedded to Maryon Pearson, known for her sharp tongued wit.

According to Wikipedia Lester Pearson "...is generally considered among the most influential Canadians of the 20th century."

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zwDvF0NtgdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[picture source: Library and Archives Canada; reference number PA-117617]

Attach file:

jpg  (22.17 KB)
757_4e0dfd3de9f46.jpg 500X367 px

Posted on: 2011/7/1 12:00
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...I think I have attached a picture but haven't done this before so not sure...

Job done!

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2011/7/1 12:05
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Posted for Jimbo:

Attach file:

jpg  (39.64 KB)
1_4e0dff2905889.jpg 480X320 px

Posted on: 2011/7/1 12:08
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Nice 53 hardtop AND nice ladies too!
Just can't mail anything into Canada right now.

Posted on: 2011/7/1 14:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

randy berger wrote:
Just can't mail anything into Canada right now.

Randy, Yes you can! The post office strike is over.
To all my American friends thanks for being such good neighbours. Enjoy your 4th of July also.
To Guscha, Thanks for your kind words about us Canucks and also Lester Pearson who was in my opinion one of the great Prime Ministers and world statesmen of the 20th century.
BigKev, Thank you also for your kind words but poutin is now a big hit in NYC!

Posted on: 2011/7/1 16:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

George40
See User information
Happy Canada Day from us in Connecticut also! We love to visit Montreal and all the beautiful places up north.

Please come and visit us at the Greenwich Concours the first weekend each June. There are spectacular cars on display each year, including great Packards. This year we had a 1931 833 Dual Cowl Phaeton, a 1934 1108 Dietrich Convertible sedan, a 1937 Super 8 1502 convertible, a 1939 1277 convertible and a 1942 Super 8 convertible Victoria . Other makes included a 1925 Bugatti Type 35A/51 Grand Prix, a 1929 Duesenberg Model J 113, a 1946 Alfa 6C2500 Competizione coup, a 1938 Delage D8-120S aereosport coupe and others!. So come on down!

Posted on: 2011/7/1 17:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Thanks for the postal update Dave. Glad to hear the mail is going thru. Postal workers not allowed to strike down here. I empathize as my son-in-law is a mailman in Minnesota.
Enjoy your Holiday.

Posted on: 2011/7/2 0:10
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved