Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
174 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 171

Tom (Packin31), BigKev, Frogmagic, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Cheeze Head paint job
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
When I worked for Richard Kughn we took a very nice low miles 1948 Dodge sedan and turned it into a University of Michigan showboat, maize and blue. We did a very nice job, our painter Bob is among the best in the business, then we had a professional graphics company come put the graphics on the car. It's the kind of car that if we had restored it perfectly to period color/appearance you would not break your stride walking past it at a show. He drives it to several home games a year, along with the re-pop Mullins trailer we built and painted to match. It's a great driving car, cruises along at 65 mph just fine.

Posted on: 2013/5/21 8:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
I'll never understand why the game of football inspires people to behave so strangely (or waste so much money).

Posted on: 2013/5/21 11:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Hill
See User information
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the bottle near the wiper motor is a vacuum operated windshield washer fluid bottle. Is that not a hose going from the right side of the wiper motor to the top of the bottle? The liquid in the bottle is rather dark though.

Posted on: 2013/5/22 21:23
If it won't move, get a bigger wrench.
If it breaks, it needed fixing anyway.

Mark

1949 Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

DeluxCanuck wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the bottle near the wiper motor is a vacuum operated windshield washer fluid bottle. Is that not a hose going from the right side of the wiper motor to the top of the bottle? The liquid in the bottle is rather dark though.

Could be. If it's not washer, would be interesting to know what it is and how it operates using that vacuum source. Perhaps BlackBeerd will enlighten us.

Posted on: 2013/5/22 21:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BlackBeerd
See User information
I got it home late last night and didn't have time to look it over too well. It's a 2402. I'll update more later.

Posted on: 2013/5/23 6:42
1954 Clipper Super Touring Sedan -5462
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
"I'll never understand why the game of football inspires people to behave so strangely (or waste so much money)"

Me neither. But I know some football heads, and worse yet, golfers, and they don't see why guys like you and me would want to own some old car. Takes all kinds to make a world.
In this case it was part of what kept me employed for 12 wonderful years.

Posted on: 2013/5/23 12:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
You're right! It does take all kinds (golfers are kind of a strange breed too now that you mention it). I suppose my dim attitude comes from living in Cleveland where the insanity reaches some pretty crazy heights for a team that routinely reaches new lows.

Posted on: 2013/5/23 15:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BlackBeerd
See User information
I was wrong on the model. It's a 2462, which is the 200. The tag says the paint code is X, which is black.

The trim code is 63, but I don't know what that means. Anyone? Or a link to some of the fine .pdf files that are on this sight.

Posted on: 2013/5/24 19:57
1954 Clipper Super Touring Sedan -5462
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The trim code is the color and type of material used on the interior. On page XVIII of the Introduction and table of contents section of parts manualhttps://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/partslist4854/48-54_Intro.pdf is a description of the upholstery material used. 63 is a dark blue broadcloth combined with a light gray broadcloth.

Posted on: 2013/5/24 20:23
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Quote:

BlackBeerd wrote:
I was wrong on the model. It's a 2462, which is the 200. The tag says the paint code is X, which is black.

The trim code is 63, but I don't know what that means. Anyone? Or a link to some of the fine .pdf files that are on this sight.

A couple of years ago Roscoe Stelford donated 375 scans of post WWII interior trim swatches. Don't remember what heading they were put under. Here is the trim-set you have.

Attach file:

jpg  (153.53 KB)
2260_51a0b20c53617.jpg 1280X918 px

Posted on: 2013/5/25 7:44
Stephen
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved