Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 157

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Snoozing for 30 Years
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
I had a professor in college who was a big Packard fan, and he often would rail on about Packard being run into the ground and sold off for the assets.

Back to our show, Don you have a fair amount of work just deciding what car to work on first!

Posted on: 2016/3/6 21:26
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Right now I'm working on the 1965 Cadillac Fleetwood and have it roadable once again although not running all that well yet. The engine was fully rebuilt before it was parked so I was surprised just how much work it took just to get it this far and the next visit will be to try to get it running better.

Next is the 1965 Imperial LeBaron which lost a freeze plug in the bitter cold of Central Oregon (without a cracked block, I hope), then on to the 1954 Patrician. All the cars were placed into the shop just to be worked on in this order but as I progress it will get easier and easier as I'll be able to drive cars out of the way rather than having to slide them sideways on dollies!

Posted on: 2016/3/8 3:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
I don't know if you are a member or not but if you Google 65 Cadillac forum, you will find a site dedicated to 65 and 66 Cadillacs. I have a 66 Deville convertible that I'm trying to get road worthy as well.

Posted on: 2016/3/8 19:20
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes, thank you! I know about it and am a member but have removed all my postings from it.

Posted on: 2016/3/8 20:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Quote:

HA52 wrote:
I had a professor in college who was a big Packard fan, and he often would rail on about Packard being run into the ground and sold off for the assets.

Was he by any chance an economics professor?

Anyway, a question regarding an overhaul of a '66 Cadillac 429 in the "Autos" section of the paper last weekend mentioned that, in the interests of "saving" the float bowl from cracking if water is trapped inside and freezes in cold weather, the carb manufacturers put an "expansion plug" in the float bowls. These plugs apparently tend to work loose and develop leaks, draining bowls between starts. (Possibly raising havoc with fuel level during operation, too??)

(The author stated that he had tried various sealers and epoxies and has had little success in stopping the leaks on his '70 Corvettes, but then, he doesn't follow PackardInfo.)

Just a thought, since you're dealing with rough running after a rebuild and the car was parked for some time.

Remember, I am not an expert (see below).

Posted on: 2016/3/15 18:06
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
For non-Packard questions you can PM me although I'm not sure I can help much. I've only recently gotten back into working on my cars after nearly 30 decades which was the point of the posting in the first place. I've had many Cadillacs, though, so I might still remember some tidbits!

Posted on: 2016/3/16 2:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've only recently gotten back into working on my cars after nearly 30 decades...

Which would make you the oldest active participant on PackardInfo and perhaps explain some memory loss.

Posted on: 2016/3/16 7:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2016/3/16 9:34
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Let me rail on about college professors not knowing anything about the car business. If the aren't doing scientific or mathematics research they should shut up.

Posted on: 2016/3/16 15:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
Which would make you the oldest active participant on PackardInfo and perhaps explain some memory loss.

I doubt very much that I am the oldest active participating member here! I bought my first Packard as a 16-year old in the mid-'60s when I lived in Bellevue, WA (I bought it in the small town of Hadlock) and there are a couple photo albums for it on my Packard / IMPERIAL Page (the photo albums are currently functioning poorly on some browsers and mobile devices but I'm working on it). By the time I was 17-years old, I had four Packards: a 1939 Six, two 1940 110s and a 1941 Henney-Packard hearse end-loader with extension table. None were quite yet even antiques either but had all lead rough lives so were not in great condition. Only one of them, a 1940 110, became a regular driver after some restoration.

Other members have mentioned personal car-related experiences to me and I read them in various postings that happened so long ago that make it impossible for me to be the oldest. The memory loss is due to a head trauma around the same time, not age!

Posted on: 2016/3/16 15:33
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved