Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
163 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 162

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: In la-la land, or can a Pack 120 coupe be purchased for 25G's or less?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Have you looked across the border to Canada. Our $ is now only worth about $0.75 US and sometimes you can get a really good deal based on the currency exchange rate. I know of a couple of Packards that are selling for less than you would expect to pay in US $'s. I am beginning to see Canadian cars being advertised in the US or priced in US $'s.

Posted on: 2016/12/12 9:56

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information

Posted on: 2016/12/12 10:06
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave Brownell
See User information
Garrett:
Years ago, when we were six or seven, we did not always play well together. Now, at sixty or seventy, things might not have changed much, but we do now know what interests us more clearly. On a spectrum that ranges from Fred and Tim, to Howard, Hans, Guscha and OD/Dave, there's enough wisdom about Packards to keep me coming back daily. Crabby, opinionated or just downright practical, the advice is welcome to me, no matter the source. I thank Big Kev and the frequent posters who keep this site helpful and usually entertaining. With three Packards, I am sometimes in great need of both.

Sorry to hear of your head injury, but it sounds like you have a healthy self-awareness and a caring family to watch you do what you do. Have all the fun you can, just as long as no one gets hurt. My own realities are catching up with me. I have been recently banned from gutter cleaning for fear of a four story fall. I recently mis-stepped while walking two strong dogs and fell flat on my face for what must have been the first time in sixty-five years. But, I can still remember the thrill of a new dealer's unveiling of a 51 Packard and a neighbor bringing home his brand new 1954 Skylark. That's the one advantage old guys like us have over our kids and grandchildren. We can still remember the new car smell of our old car treasures. No apologies needed. Stay vertical and do it with a smile. An old Packard to talk to might not be a bad idea either.

Posted on: 2016/12/12 14:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JT120
See User information
Hi Garrett, what condition car are you in the market for? I guess you're looking for a 36-40 coupe but I'm not sure.

Posted on: 2016/12/12 18:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Dear Garrett,

Fred Kanter was previously banned from this website for similar behavior after a number of complaints. I for one am heartily disappointed he was allowed back. I also feel like a lot of the Kanter postings from his employee are barely above spam. Haven't seen any of the other Packard suppliers having to tout themselves here.

Keep asking your questions and good luck with head. My HMO did not pass on instructions from my cardiologist to my primary physician in Dec 2015 after mitral valve replacement and I had a stroke Jan 2 that put me back in the hospital for six days. Still finding out what works and what doesn't and what I have to re-learn, etc.

Merry Christmas.

Stephen

Posted on: 2016/12/12 21:57
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Garrett, you do not have to apologize for anything you have written or done on this website. Your posts are welcomed and we look forward to your questions and observations. They bring us a fresh prospective which is needed. Some here are very serious about the subject and this helps to make the site what it is. They have much to offer in their experiences and the knowledge gained from them. However, this does not excuse impolite behavior. Be patient and give us some latitude we mean well.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2016/12/12 23:27
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Garrett

Don't despair, hang in there, there is a Packard with your name on it out there, just keep looking. Widen your list of acceptable years and models, one great buy will appear. Keep optimist and keep plugging away at it.

As for Fred, he's a great guy, you should meet him in person at Hershey some time, fun to talk with. You just have to remember, he's a hard-boiled 'Joisey' guy, they can be a bit short with those of us not in the know. But he and his brother have had a life-long enthusiasm and commitment to Packards that's unparalleled. That's something to celebrate.

Steve

Posted on: 2016/12/13 8:17
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...As for Fred, he's a great guy...

-> This way to a thread, dedicated to his great performances at PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2016/12/14 15:39
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I've seen pictures of this Packard coupe and it sure looks nice. I know it's not an 8 cylinder but the price is sure low.
http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/cto/5923560670.html

Posted on: 2016/12/18 18:10
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
Not a 120 but a nice inexpensive 110 for less than half of what you want to spend. Go for it.

Posted on: 2017/1/25 22:46
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved