Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
60 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 60

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1939 Paxkard Six- Convertible coupe headlight bucket
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I installed turn signals on my 37 Six. Used a regularly available turn signal kit offered by many parts suppliers. The rears used the single-two filament bulb. The fronts used a pair of motor cycle lights. I could have modified the fronts to two-filament bulbs for parking and turn, but hesitated as I did not want to take a chance on damaging reflectors. Here is a photo of the front motor cycle lights. JWL

Attach file:

jpg  (136.68 KB)
565_5d0274cb2382e.jpg 1224X1632 px

Posted on: 2019/6/13 11:08
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
JW- The car looks spectacular....and the turn signals look natural. When you reference damaging the reflectors am I correct in assuming that you opted not to convert headlights to sealed beams?
My car was painted yellow by a prior owner but it appears that the original color was the dark gray offering from 1939.( discovered under original door weather stripping). The interior was reupholstered to coordinate with the yellow and would not look good with the dark gray .I did not like the look of the yellow and was cursing the cost of having to replace the interior.
Your car has given me reason to rethink the color choice.
Again...thanks for the input.
RJR

Posted on: 2019/6/14 2:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
ewrecks, perhaps JW was referring to the type of construction where the parking light bulb was a lower candlepower bulb mounted to the reflector within a non-sealed beam headlamp. See the picture below for an example; that particular lamp is for an 1001 w/o fender lamps but similar construction was not uncommon prior to the introduction of sealed beams.

Attach file:

jpg  (88.03 KB)
177_5d039835dbe63.jpg 936X1016 px

Posted on: 2019/6/14 7:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Yes, retained the original headlights - with separate lenses bulbs and reflectors - with smaller bulb parking lights inside the bucket. JWL

Posted on: 2019/6/15 11:14
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved