Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 142

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 19 ... 37 »

Re: Randy Berger's 1956 Caribbean
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

randy berger wrote:
Once I get it back here I can schedule my eye surgery as I am not allowed to lift or strain in any way for a good while after the surgery.

Randy,

All the best for your eye op. Probably better than having to cut your nuts off though.

Posted on: 2008/2/2 3:59
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Randy -

That bit of info on the converter comes from a Studebaker Service Bulletin - No. 331, issued November 1957. The SSB was Studebaker's equivalent of Packard's Service Counselor.

Among many things I am working on this winter, is an index to go with the scans of the Studebaker Service Bulletins that were recently donated to this site - an extract of information provided to me by a notable Studebaker historian and collector.

Posted on: 2008/2/2 17:08
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Randy -

Sorry to hear that Peter Fitch is retiring, but I hope that's only from rebuilding - that he will continue to offer the parts thorugh Ultramatic Dynamics.

Best wishes, also, for a fast and full recovery from your eye work!. (All the better to enjoy your Packard and this website with.)

Posted on: 2008/2/2 17:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
Randy -

If your eye surgery is cataract removal, I hope your results are as good as mine. The first week was discouraging - the surgeon had put a stitch in which slightly distorted my vision. When he removed it, my sight went to 20-30 for distance and almost 20-20 for reading in good light. (I was about 20-200 before)
The change wasn't immediate - things resolved themselves over a period of weeks, but the improvement was obvious in a few days after the stitch came out. Even before the stitch was removed, my sight was much improved.

Good luck.

Bernardi

Posted on: 2008/2/10 0:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Also be aware that there is some kind of procedure that has to be done about a year AFTER the cataract surgery to clear up somekind of cloudiness that occurs due to the lens replacement. It's real simple and only takes about 5 minutes with a lazer.

I know of several different people that had to have this "tune up" done about a year after the surgery. BUT THE DOCTOR doesn't tell u that at the time of initial diagnosis and scheduling for the initial catartact surgery.

Posted on: 2008/2/10 8:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Bernardi and Keith, thanks for the additional info. I know I won't be any better looking but I will be looking better
I had to order the clutch disks (friction and steels) from Max this morning. I have a new DD clutch. Does any one have an opinion as to chamfering two sides of the clutch as described by Packard? I think I am going to use Valvoline type FA tranny fluid.
Brought the engine home from Jersey. I'll post pix later. The Honda van has done yeoman service hauling that block around.

Posted on: 2008/2/12 12:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Pic of the engine before bronze paint.

Attach file:

jpg  (49.13 KB)
23_47b24548aa0ce.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (41.29 KB)
23_47b2457c3803f.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2008/2/12 20:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
So clean and purdy, it's almost a shame to cover it up with paint!

P.S. - My dad had cataract surgery a decade ago, done as outpatient work, but one at a time, six months apart. Most of the time was spent getting him ready for the procedure (a parade of different eyedrops). The actual procedure took about as long as a haircut, and I drove him straight home afterward. Bandage came off the next day at the doctor's office and that was it. I'm sure you'll do just as well.

Posted on: 2008/2/12 20:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Randy:My mother had cataract surgery two years ago on both eyes. She said that it was the best thing to happen to her in along time. She often states that it is nice looking at the world again clearly and not through a brown haze. You will come through that process in fine shape.

The only bad thing about that surgery. Come July in Warren this year you will truly see how bad I look.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU RANDY

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/2/12 21:47
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Randy--Best wishes for your "procedure", both of my folks have had it done, My Mom said she's had worse times in the dentist's chair.

Is that a silver primer on your engine or is that just media-blasted bare metal?

Posted on: 2008/2/13 7:02
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 19 ... 37 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved