Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 6
Guests: 156

HH56, Ross, West Peterson, DJP-37-120, bkazmer, dallas, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Re: Packard Nat'L Meet in Des Moines
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information
Happy 4th of July,
I KNOW this is going to receive comments based on other threads but what is it with people on this forum site that don't respect it for what it is instead of using it for a personal attack platform on anyone. I visit it for what it was intended, gather and sharing Packard info and thank Kev very much for accomplishing that for I have saved much info that is very helpful to me. What difference does it make what is discussed or said on other sites, AACA?

(It seems that in the AACA Packard forum a fellow posting under BJM made some comments on the recent Packard meet in Des Moines. Some of the comments he posted about the meet were of a positive nature some comments negative.)

I have sat here and written this comment many times before for other threads but always erased it before hitting send thinking some maturity might set in, but evidently wasting my time waiting for that. So if you see my handle, ROWDY, I am just searching for info and not conversing. It seems us REDNECKS have a lot more respect for others views than non rednecks. Have a nice day and good 4th.

Rowdy
ps: Earlier in thread I asked if anyone knew the date for the 2009 meet in Branson and guess not, no reply.

Posted on: 2008/7/4 14:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
being a good friend of shiremans I would have expected no less from you. Your quote says it all, not all agreed with me, true but a few did, thats enough for me. As to alias i don't use them, that is my name and I use it because I am proud of it. Even BJM did not think I called him an ass as his last post in answer to my comments atest to. He was intelligent enough to understand the analogy that I used unlike shireman who appears to be more adept than I at twisting words. Now I will not hijack this thread any longer, shireman did enough of that already. You guys can go on if you like but without more from me. And no I am not afraid of any comment, if you want to open another thread for the express purpose of discussing this then I would be glad to join, but not here.

Posted on: 2008/7/4 14:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Rowdy:

Obviously I must hqve screwed up in my response because I could have sworn that I sent you one about the Branson meet. Oh well, in any event it is being held the 3rd week of June next year. The exact days have not yet been posted yet.

Al

Posted on: 2008/7/4 14:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
AL wrote:

Quote:
You guys can go on if you like but without more from me.

Great, then I accomplished what I set out to do.

Having read many of your posts in other forums, I know full well that you're not some innocent victim in this. Regardless of whether John was trying to pick a fight here with you, Al, all your over-the-top response did was add unnecessary fuel to the fire. Remember, it takes two to tango, but if you wanna call John out for a fist-fight, do it privately.

Posted on: 2008/7/4 14:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I am going to be brief. This was a great positive thread about the PAC Meet and an opportunity to view photos of the cars we love and it has been hijacked and ruined by this bickering and childish you said/I said behaviour. Let's be gentlemen here and just enjoy Packards and share information. .. PLEASE!

Posted on: 2008/7/4 14:59
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I agree with Clipper47 and as much as I hate too play proctor lets all count to 5 and remember that we are all here to discuss Packard and not to air our dirty laundry. I dont mind spirited debate, but remember Packards were ... "Built by Gentlemen, for Gentlemen". So lets live up to that standard and please respect a posters thread by not sending it off-course.

I see that Eric has started a thread for the purpose of venting, while I make invoke presidential authority and change the name of that thread, I agree with Eric on having a dedicated thread for those that want to practice writing their names in the snow and airing their grievances. So lets try to keep as much of it there as possible and not hijack someones thread.

Thanks I appreciate it.

Posted on: 2008/7/5 0:38
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Kev, since so much is pointed towards those two groups, I decided to name it that. It's your prerogative to change it to whatever you want. I won't mind, but I was just thinking to put the flame wars and the rest in one place, and keep it out of people's threads.

Posted on: 2008/7/5 0:52
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
No problem Eric. Just didnt want the name of the thread too add any more fuel to the fire in some peoples mind. No worries. I just gave it a more general purpose grievance/complaint title.

Posted on: 2008/7/5 0:55
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Works for me!

Posted on: 2008/7/5 1:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Do you Need More Des Moines photos?

If you haven't seen enough PAC 2008 Nat'l Photos, I have posted another 25 in the Misc. Photos section. try link below.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=1945

Enjoy,
DanL

Posted on: 2008/7/7 22:58
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved