Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
224 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 224

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »

Re: 1953 Caribbean Prototype
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tubster
See User information
Kelvin,

Over the last 19 months that I have been researching this car, I have strived to locate and talk with "experts".The list includes roster keepers, historians and even a body tag expert from within the ranks of PAC. I have talked with numerous Caribbean owners, and other one off car collectors just to get ideas of what to look for on my car. I only turned to this website when I had exhausted those leads. I kept and continue to keep some aspects of this car under wraps. This is my right! At some point this will be put out for public scrutiny. Not yet.

According to the Body tag expert stamping over the body tag number DID occur and it was only after I sent him a picture Of the A pillar tag that I knew it had been stamped over. He enlarged the picture I sent and noticed the original number. He stated that the stamps that were used were of the same number style of that used at the time by PMC. I KNOW THIS PROVES NOTHING, but the door is open for the possibility.

Could you find it in your heart to apologize to Ozstatman. You accused him of declaring that my car is indeed the Prototype. He did no such thing. He simply thanked me for registering the Caribbean on the roster.

Posted on: 2017/3/8 12:47
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tubster
See User information
I am sorry that you were raked over the coals. Thank you for your contributions to the website and hobby.

Matt H

PDX, OR

Posted on: 2017/3/8 12:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
With all due respect, Ozstatsman has neither endorsed nor declared the Caribbean in question to be a prototype. He has merely added this car to a list-whatever it turns out to be in the end.

As for photos, I have personally seen numerous photos of the vehicle in question and I don't think there is anyone breathing who ought to know the prototype better. And while I am also not making any "declarations" this car does have tantalizing aspects. And these are things that someone competent with these cars would know better than folks arguing on the internet about who did what and when and where and how in an academic or sterile environment.

There are photos that exist of the the original prototype being built. I personally have a full set of these very photos (yes, that no one has seen all but some are in the new Creative Industries book). I also knew people who worked on the prototype car. So there was one and all of the arguments aside, there are ways of vetting (no pun intended) this vehicle. Or not.

Whether the vehicle being discussed in this forum is the same vehicle and all of the other issues that went with it... has yet to be resolved. But there have been people of sufficient knowledge looking at this vehicle. So it is not necessarily a "fraud"... whatever it turns pout to be.

Posted on: 2017/3/8 12:55
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tubster
See User information
Thanks Leeedy, I hesitate to put names out on this forum, but thank you for stepping up.

Matt H
PDX, OR

Posted on: 2017/3/8 13:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
... How is this websites roster reliable now? ...

Mal (Ozstatman) was the reason for coining the term reliability.

Posted on: 2017/3/8 19:10
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

49 matt
See User information
Here is a picture of some brazing work done on my car. The holes in the fenders and doors have been filled in as the Caribbean did not carry the Central spear like the 52 conv.

Attach file:

jpg  (236.74 KB)
2352_58c1875a7e0fb.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2017/3/9 11:48
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tubster
See User information
On the picture of the brazed in trim hole, please note that there is another brazed in hole on the lip of the fender. When I first was guided to look for the trim hole patches I did not know what to expect, I was exited to find the patches, but not overly excited. I told myself that the fender could have been replacement fender from a sedan. I then removed the paint from the lip of the fender and found the holes for the mounting of the Caribbean "eyebrow" and they had been brazed at some point. If you look at the lip of the fender you can see an example of the brazing.

Posted on: 2017/3/9 11:59
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

49 matt
See User information
Here is a broader picture of the fender and its customization.

Attach file:

jpg  (335.19 KB)
2352_58c18bf4ce97c.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2017/3/9 12:08
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tubster
See User information
With any luck there should be two photos attached. Please look at them carefully. Notice any difference? A friend pointed it out to me.

The tail light mounting angles are different. One is much more pronounced than the other.

Attach file:

jpg  (143.88 KB)
112703_58c19e9a6c3e5.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (167.59 KB)
112703_58c19ee1cfa4e.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2017/3/9 13:32
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tubster
See User information
Sorry, the photos are up right on my phone.

Posted on: 2017/3/9 13:38
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved