Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 132

Ozstatman, Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 32 33 34 (35) 36 37 38 ... 42 »

Re: 1956 Clipper Hot Rod
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Quote :
"Keith

Where do you come up up with your conclusions? I.E. ..."

Al. I edited my post to correct my misunderstood history of your car.

On a different note:

From previous post: "The mechanic said that he, indeed, had to pound out the valve."

THerefore check the valve seals.

Posted on: 2012/9/5 9:41
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well that is something that the new machine shop is going to do. The previous place had no engine yanking capability, they could only tear it down while it was in the car and I need it out of the car. At this point I have plenty of time. I do not see a national that I can honestly figure I can make until Columbus Ohio year after next. So I figure with 2 years I can take my time, no need to rush at this point.

Posted on: 2012/9/5 13:09
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Hank:

That is something that I did not think of. I will have the machine shop look into that.

ALK

Posted on: 2012/9/5 13:14
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
BTW. While I have the time to investigate, is there any manual, publication, and/or service counselor that gives the spec on cylinder dimensions and piston sizes for both the 352 and the 374. When the machine shop does it's thing, it would be nice to compare what they come up with against what is there.

Posted on: 2012/9/5 13:42
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Vol 29 #13 Dec 1955 Service Counselor has all the 56 engine, valve, and piston specs. Some are in fractions so maybe rounded off & not highly precise enough for your purpose.

Posted on: 2012/9/5 13:51
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i gave you the cylinder specs. literally 4" 352 and 4 1/8" 374 or 4" and 4.125"

Posted on: 2012/9/5 14:24
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well

The car is back at the body shop. They have yanked the engine out and are busy working on the engine bay. They hauled the engine down to the engine shop and they begasn their process of tering it down to tell me what has to be done. Yesterday they called and gave me the news. needs all new exhaust valves. They will check to see if the cam and the crank need to be reground or what. They were highly impressed with the engine overall. They surmised that because the car sat for so long that the ethanol gas had developed a clog of some sort(like a blood clot) and had settled into a couple of the valves and that is what triggered the snafu. They will take care of all of that. I am currently waiting on what the damages will be. When it gets back you can be sure that I will be investing in a lot of staybil and/or what ever products counteract the efects of ethanol.

More later
AlK

Posted on: 2012/10/23 14:27
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
now that its all out...might i suggest some improvements from Jack Vines. i.e. a new performance cam regrind to go with those dual carbs. this will also require new valve springs fyi.

Posted on: 2012/10/23 14:46
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well
it might be something to consider. However while this thing is apart what I really need is info on this olds oil pump conversion. Who has it?? I also got the chapter and verse on the whole rebuild. Parts - labor - et. etc.
about $3,600.

Oh well

ALK

Posted on: 2012/10/24 9:49
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
AlQuote:
However while this thing is apart what I really need is info on this olds oil pump conversion. Who has it??

Al,

Contact Jack Vines: packardv8@comcast.net

Craig

Posted on: 2012/10/24 10:18
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 32 33 34 (35) 36 37 38 ... 42 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved