Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
243 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 242

RKS, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Re: Packard Parts List
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Don,

I'll send you an email shortly. Thanks!

Posted on: 2017/12/14 12:18
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I have the first portion of the 48-54 Parts List online (Groups 0 thru 3), and thanks to Howard and Brian, all the Part Plate data is now online as well.

So to see how all this data can be useful across the different Parts List, search for group 1.0005.

You'll see the breakdown of that group across the different Part Lists that are currently online.

If you search for part number G103321, you see all the different applications where that same part number was used, which I think is very useful for interchange.

The 1948-54 book is a monster, and just this first section was nearly 4000 rows of part data.

So stay tuned for the other sections in the next few weeks. Maybe sooner if Don's data is importable!

Posted on: 2017/12/14 12:26
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Sounds like you're doing exactly what I had posted I was working on several years ago including the crossreferencing to other applications! When I first posted here that I was doing this, a number of people wrote suggesting that there was no benefit in such a project and that I was wasting my time but my goal was always to tie the data to the service manual and Service Counselors as a cross reference and, of course, to the plates.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from Kev to see if all my work can be of use as I am happy to share it. My own site does not get the traffic that this one does! Mine is not complete either but has 7840 rows of primary data and 692 rows of notes and details for certain electrical components, all meticulously proofed. Additionally, there are 109,395 rows of data that match the models with the parts book "coded" entries along with other data to make sense of it all.

Posted on: 2017/12/14 12:40
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Don had the 1948-54 data for groups 0-10 and 29 completed and proofed. So that is now all imported.

Thanks Don!

I'll work on the missing groups over the next few weeks and get them imported as soon as I can.

I have all the raw data in excel. But, it takes awhile to ferret out the OCR mistakes and fix all the formatting issues that it causes.

Posted on: 2017/12/15 9:29
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
You're very welcome and I'm happy to do the proofing for you using your Excel formats. That's the way I do it anyway!

Posted on: 2017/12/15 12:26
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Groups 11-14 for the 48-54 Parts List are now online.

Posted on: 2017/12/16 20:03
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The entire 1948-1951 Parts List data has been added. I'll work on the other ones when I can in the new year. But just getting this data entered was like climbing Everest, time for a break.

So just to recap where we are at the moment:

1955-1956 - All Part and Plate Data - Done Complete
1948-1954 - All Part and Plate Data - Done Complete
1941-1947 - Plates Only
1935-1941 - Plates Only
1930-1932 - Plates Only

Also, you can now search for part numbers and group numbers using wildcards.

So I could search for part number 450517, or 450*, which will show all part numbers that start with 450###. Or also *517, which will show you all part numbers that end with ###517.

This also works with Group Numbers:

So for example, 3.686 which is "Adapter Speed Pinon".

Or I could search 3.6* or 3.68* which will show all that groups that match that scenario.

So all of this could be handy if you only have a partial part or group number. Also, the "Seach All" always acts like a *value*

With all this data added you, can now see where a single part number was used across different groups and even years/parts lists. Handy when your looking for a cross reference.

Enjoy!

Posted on: 2017/12/21 17:13
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Thanks Kev,

This is a great addition to the website.

Posted on: 2017/12/21 21:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Thanks for a really useful addition to PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2017/12/22 10:23
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I added a few more pages, so now you can browse through the entire parts book via the Parts List Index. (Brakes, Transmission, etc). So it's now a virtual parts book.

So now you can search, browse via the Parts List index, or browse via the Part Plates. You see all those choices on the
main parts list page.

Also, I unified some of the stylings between all the Parts List pages so they should all be easier to read as the table listing should be a large, clearer part. Every page now has the part search header and "breadcrumb" navigation.

Posted on: 2017/12/27 15:13
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved