Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
92 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 90

Tom (Packin31), Jimmyk, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 66 67 68 (69) 70 71 72 ... 195 »

Re: Henry's 55 Constellation
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
yeah, did that, found it. good ole google. LOL!

Posted on: 2010/9/9 21:31
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
JW,

what would you say his experience with machine work on Packard V8s would be? i have a good machine shop, but just wondered what his experience has been with the Packard V8.

thanks,

Hank

Posted on: 2010/9/9 21:34
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Hank, Feltz is a regular at Salado. He is a highly respected rebuilder of water and fuel pumps. Sorry for the assumption, I thought you two knew each other. Don't have any info on other work he has done. From what I understand he specializes in water and fuel pump rebuilds. Give him a call.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/9/9 21:52
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i will be sure to meet up with him and talk with him before Salado. i hope to have the drive train all installed this year for Salado. if i am lucky i will beable to start it up, but not sure yet.

i have sold several items on ebay lately....totaling fun money for the Packard...i think i just depleted alot of Mike in Montana's stock LOL! j/k nah, but really, i did buy a bunch of parts for the motor. and hey HH56.....i got the oil baffles ;0)!!! YAY!!!

i also got NOS valve lifters. i'll post some pics of all the new goodies tomorrow....time for ice cream! hehe....

Hank

Posted on: 2010/9/9 22:40
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Hank, you know the lifters on a Packard V8 are the same thing as a small block Chrysler right? They're a LOT cheaper than what the "official Packard vendors" sell the same thing for.

Posted on: 2010/9/10 15:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
no i didn't really know that, thanks for sharing though. i will remember that for the future. :0)

but i am happy. i paid less for these NOS Packard lifters than i would have for the ones from the venders and they are true Packard parts. maybe i spent more than i would have for the Chrysler ones, but Mike has good prices on the other stuff and we worked a good deal out. so, i'm happy.

also i am pretty stoked about those oil baffles. ;0) so it's all good.

Hank

Posted on: 2010/9/10 15:17
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I've bought a couple of "NOS Packard" lifters from a "reputable" Packard vendor and they were Chrysler lifters in a Packard box. I thought it was pretty lame IMHO.

Posted on: 2010/9/10 16:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
well, that sux....how can one tell....cause i hope he wouldn't do that. i expect to get what i pay for.

Posted on: 2010/9/10 16:41
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
If you got them from Mike in Montana I wouldn't worry too much about it, he's not who I was talking about.

Posted on: 2010/9/10 16:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Eric, I never compared them. Are the HT-879 lifters for Chrysler exactly identical to the Packard lifters, or are they just a functional equivalent?

Posted on: 2010/9/10 17:32
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 66 67 68 (69) 70 71 72 ... 195 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved