Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
240 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 240

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

spring for adjuster on drivers seat-33,1003
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
to all the 33-34 guys; i have got the drivers seat to move after soaking all the parts with oil. i have been trying to re-move the handle to have it re-plated, no joy as yet. also would one of you 33-34 owners be so kind as to look and see what the spring look like and how it hooks up. i assume that it has a spring to help move the seat foreword. but i have been wrong several time before. thanks dell

Posted on: 2014/8/24 20:23

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: spring for adjuster on drivers seat-33,1003
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I don't recall seeing a spring or having any spring assist on my 34 Eight sedan, though that doesn't mean it isn't there. I just move forward or back by pushing the release button and either pushing back with my legs, or humping my a** to move it forward - it moves quite freely. I do need to take the seat cushions out to day to check the battery water and tools and I'll take a better look. Never looked - does the part book show a spring?

Posted on: 2014/8/25 9:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Later cars thru 50 had it in the middle on side of tunnel -- heavy about 6-8" long. 35-41 parts shows a similar spring was used on those years so maybe earlier too. Group 30.929 in the 35 book.

Posted on: 2014/8/25 9:41
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Indeed, there is a large seat assist spring in my 34, just left (driver's side) of the seat framework centerline. I didn't check to see if there is another on the far left. I guess my seat tracks can use a bit of grease but if I haven't done it in the first 51 years of ownership, not too likely it will happen now.

Posted on: 2014/8/25 10:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
1100 & 1104/'34 spring is:
OVERALL FREE LG: 10"
DIA: .665
WIRE DIA: .095

If ur like me and most of us Vintage PACKARD owners u could care less about this spring. Leg room is at a min. for us non 30s drivers and we want that seat back as far as we can get it. U can gain another 1/2 to 3/4 in. by overriding the latching system then drill a small matching hole in the seat base to seat frame and thus lock it in place with a screw. U short guys have a great advantage in these vintage cars. I just passed on a new ACURA because of the NO LEG ROOM.

Posted on: 2014/8/25 11:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
O-D and PackardBarry; thanks for taking the time to look. i did get the handle out today, was able to unscrew the two pins, one locks the seat and the other appears to hold the the shaft in as it is up by the handle. also the rear of the shaft has a hole for a pin which is missing and it appears to lock the shaft in a round bearing of some type at the rear of the frame. it will be lots of fun to try and get a pin in the hole. it looks like a spring connects the two pins as they are grooved, i guess to hold the shaft in a lock slot. thanks dell

Posted on: 2014/8/25 21:17

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved