Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
191 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 189

37Blanche, jgrohn, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Re: Moving Progress...
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
---- more efficient that the ones in Calif. I'd still be in line at the first window there.

And then some. DMV computers in the offices went down all over the state yesterday and some cities are still not up. Can you imagine the frustration for all those people that had appointments and now have to reschedule added to what is not a pleasant experience even when things do work.

Posted on: 2016/10/26 16:05
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I'm glad you are settling in there buddy!

Posted on: 2016/10/26 16:14
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Registration was pretty much:

Show your title or loan paperwork if there is a lienholder
Show your DL
Show your last registration
Pay license plate and title fees
Receive plates and sticker tag.

There was no wait, walked right up to the window, and they filled everything in for me on the computer. No manual paperwork. So in about 25 mins, I registered all 4 cars and got 3 sets of plates and tags, and a temp plate for the Packard to use until the "Antique Vehicle" plate arrives.

In Calif, it would have taken me 40 mins to get to the Information Window, where I would have been given a stack of paperwork to fill out and a number. Hopefully, you remembered to bring a pen and something to write on with you. Then, after waiting about 90mins to 2 hours in a room with 300 other people, and their over-tired children, with only 100 chairs, I would get called up by someone surly behind the counter, who would tell me I was missing something I needed, or the cars needed to be inspected, or I needed a smog check, or nine other pieces of paperwork needed to be filled out, or I needed the blood of a unicorn.

If the planets alligned by some miracle, and everything was in order, and I sold a kidney to afford all the various fees, then I would get plates in the mail and some undetermined point of time in the future, and a little piece of temp registration paper that I was to tape to the inside of my window.

And that is just a normal registration. God help me if I was trying to do YOM plates!

Posted on: 2016/10/26 16:52
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved