Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
118 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 116

AJS, Nevada56Hudson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1955 Constellation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I know this will be easy for you guys. Tell what you see wrong with this 55 Constellation.

Attach file:

jpg  (140.29 KB)
1497_51e819aed6c6a.jpg 1280X937 px

Posted on: 2013/7/18 11:37
 Top  Print   

Re: 1955 Constellation
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
most obvious is the paint

Posted on: 2013/7/18 11:44
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
Early Clippers in 55 used the same sort of paint scheme as the 55 Pontiac.That looks correct for an early car.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 12:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
GTO, you are right, but on the early Clippers the trim strip from the front fender went straight back and did not curve down to the rocker molding. The later Clippers had the curved trim strip and this area was painted a contrasting color when the cars were painted with two-tone color schemes. Looks like a later 55 with an early type paint scheme. Never the less, it is an attractive Constellation.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/7/18 13:54
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
Well, I knew I would learn something. I just thought the paint scheme was wrong but I didn't know that the early 55 Constellations were different. AS stated, it's still a nice example for sure. I think I would like the trim to go straight back instead of curved down. How hard would it be to make one with curved trim to go straight back?

Posted on: 2013/7/18 14:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Constellations and Panamas always had the curved trim strip and the scallop was painted to match the upper when the car was two toned. Only the sedans had the early- year change to avoid the Pontiac similarity. Or more to the point, the Pontiac trim scheme was too similar to the 54 Carry Beans.

Some folks just don't like the scallop and leave it lower color. That problem can be fixed in a short afternoon if you prefer the contrasting scallop.

Posted on: 2013/7/18 14:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
I think it is a pretty car just the way it is. As I recall when I was teenager, it was possible to factory order paint, accessories, engines, etc. for dealerships. Did Packard have a similar setup in 1955?

Posted on: 2013/7/18 14:35
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved