Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 105

John Sauser, EastTexPack, Packard Newbie, Russell Harmon, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Caribbean comparison 1955 vs 1956
Just popping in
Just popping in

Bob_V
See User information
I'm in the market for a 1955 or 1956 Caribbean convertible. The '56 has a number of upgrades over the '55 but I'm wondering if I should hold out for a '56 or is the difference not worth the hand wringing and simply find the best '55 or '56 Caribbean I can afford. Your opinions are valued! Thanks!

Posted on: Today 17:00
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Caribbean comparison 1955 vs 1956
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
A 55 is gonna be less expensive. Really not a whole not of difference between the two so just buy what you would like to have IMHO.

Anything of concern in particular?

Posted on: Today 17:26
1955 400 | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Deluxe | Registry | Project Blog
1955 Clipper Super Panama | Registry
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

packardbill
See User information
Decide what you like best.'55 front fenders , trunk, grill, 352 engine, gear-start Ultramatic and a little V medallion on tail lights. Of course higher production means less cost. Positive ground.
'56 front fenders, trunk, grill, 374 engine, twin-Ultramatic, maybe Twin-traction diff, reflectors on tail lights, LOW production, 12V neg ground.

Alas, I'm a poor, retired man and cannot afford either, but I would pick the '56...The little styling nuances made the car "pop"...the '56s were better cars from the factory, in my opinion. Go for it ! PB

Posted on: Today 18:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The 1956s resolved many of the teething problems of the hurriedly introduced 1955s and overall is a better vehicle. However that wouldn't keep me from buying a 1955 Carib if the circumstances were right.

Posted on: Today 20:09
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved