Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
68 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 63

BigKev, Tobs, Slatewood, RKS, todd landis, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

New to this site
Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Hello everyone, I am new to this site and am thinking about buying a Packard. I'm an old guy and enjoy old cars, I have Hudsons right now. The Hudson club met with the local Packard club last October. I kind of liked the Packards that were there and got interested. I kind of like the 48 to 50 years and like the 4 door sedans. It looks like this site has everything I would need to know to own a Packard. I'll be stopping by from time to time and may have a few questions if you don't mind. Thanks Richie.

Posted on: 2014/3/10 20:17
 Top  Print   

Re: New to this site
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Welcome to the Packardinfo website. I hope you find a Packard that you can enjoy. They are a wonderful car to drive and I know you will enjoy it. Come back and let us know if you find one - GOOD LUCK!

Posted on: 2014/3/10 20:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Thanks Randy, I will. Richie

Posted on: 2014/3/10 20:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Post war Packards have to be the best kept secret out there & tell your friends. Prices are down & there are lots of great quality,especially 4 doors out there sometimes for much less than a comparable Caddy, Pontiac, Buick, etc.
Happy hunting!

Posted on: 2014/3/10 22:02
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gregor
See User information
Greatings from Bavaria germany

Posted on: 2014/3/11 8:42
1938 chevrolet Sports Coup? 1953 packard patrician 400
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
If you like the 48 - 50 models, I suggest you place a premium on a car with good original upholstery. Not all the fabrics are reproduced and the use of quality wools makes restoration expensive. The Customs in particular have magnificent interiors.

Posted on: 2014/3/11 9:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
64avanti, I don't know much about the Packards yet but from what little I've seen so far I like them.The prices seem to fluctuate year for year. I want something driveable and doesn't need bodywork. I'm not in a hurry as I have 3 Hudsons to drive every day. Thanks for your comment. Richie

Gregor, thanks for your greetings, Richie

bkazmer, thank you, that sounds like great advice. I will keep that in mind for sure. Richie.

Posted on: 2014/3/11 10:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day RichieFuller,
to PackardInfo and, when you do find your 48-50 Packard, I invite you to include it in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2014/3/11 14:07
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichieFuller
See User information
Thank you for the welcome Ozstatman, and I will register it here. Richie.

Posted on: 2014/3/11 15:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Richie:

Very glad to hear from you. I happen to be very fond of Hudsons too and at one point I owned a 1951 Studebaker Commander. You are not restricted to a single brand when you collect cars, but I have to tell you that any folks who own them will tell you that Packards are, indeed, special cars, and I'm telling you this not just because I own one. These cars were very well built and handle and drive wonderfully. My 1955 Clipper Constellation is smooth, comfortable, and drives pretty much like a modern car due to its torsion bar suspension system. It cruises all day at 70 mph and gets 50 miles per gallon! (just kidding)

Craig in Virginia

Posted on: 2014/3/11 18:16
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved