Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Need info/part
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Michael
See User information
I'm trying to figure out what is the length of the rear bumper extensions that hold the luggage rack for a 37 115 Jr.

Or if someone has them would like to purchase or trade for parts

Plus need a water pump for the same car.

Michael
270-498-8727

Thanks

Posted on: 2016/4/19 14:59
 Top  Print   

Re: Need info/part
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
New manufacture water pumps for your car have been available from Kanters for a few months now.

Posted on: 2016/4/19 15:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Michael, my 115C with a luggage rack is in the garage. I will get out there and measure the brackets for you.

These water pumps seldom wear out. If it is leaking you might try inserting some more packing into it. Something to consider.

I'll be back with the measurements.

(o{}o)

I'm back. Photos are probably worth 1K words, but here are some words describing the dimensions.

Outer bumper bracket to rear bolt in trunk rack bracket is 11-inches. Same measurement for inner bumper bracket to trunk rack bracket rear bolt is 13.25"

There are two bolts in the trunk rack bracket and they are 3" apart.

The measurement from where the bumper brackets fasten to the frame to the front bolt in the trunk rack bracket is 10".

Overall the outer bracket is about 22-inches and the inner bracket is about 23.25-inches. Adding a bit for the ends of the brackets past their outer holes.

There are two bolts that fasten the bumper brackets to the frame rail and they are 3" apart.

The bumper brackets go on each side of the frame rail.

One of the photos is of a primitive drawing with dimensions. There is an annotated photo with some dimensions. The other photos are overall views of the installation. Note that my car was fitted with the trunk rack sometime after it was delivered. The bumper guards were relocated to fit between the bumper brackets so the rack would clear them when lowered.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more.

(o{}o)

Edit: The dimensions of the bumper brackets are the length of the brackets that include the curved portion. The arrows in the photo may be misleading.

Attach file:

jpg  (19.66 KB)
565_5717fd3636b02.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (29.62 KB)
565_5717fd4c8b27d.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (25.32 KB)
565_5717fd5ca64fc.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (24.99 KB)
565_5717fd691642a.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (36.07 KB)
565_5717fd77dad7c.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (29.04 KB)
565_5717fd85d8531.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2016/4/19 16:38
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I can supply a rebuilt waterpump for 115.37 delivered.

Posted on: 2016/4/19 17:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
We offer the water pump that you are looking for as Brand new production.The bodies of our water pumps are cast like the originals including the look, texture, mating surfaces, and holes. Quality bearings, precision built shafts, and premium seals are used to complete the production of these pumps and no core is required.

If you have any questions about our pumps. Please me know.

Thanks
James

Posted on: 2016/4/20 9:42
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved